Sign in to follow this  
ej20

First scouting trip

Finally had a chance to go up to 19A and scout with my cousins and son. We had a blast and learned alot of new country and seen some good bucks. We're even more pumped up for the hunt now.

post-11639-0-26161600-1468797927_thumb.jpg

post-11639-0-07216000-1468797958_thumb.jpg

post-11639-0-95842900-1468797998_thumb.jpg

post-11639-0-49749800-1468798125_thumb.jpg

post-11639-0-66991300-1468798202_thumb.jpg

post-11639-0-01583700-1468798268_thumb.jpg

post-11639-0-92628300-1468798327_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Couple a shooters there, good luck..............BOB!

Does anyone have experience with scouting before the season starts and having the last hunt? Are the antelope going to be in the same general area or are they going to be scattered all of the place due to hunting pressure. There's 3 weeks of hunting in the unit before I'll get a chance.

Well in 19a most of them will be dead. The ones that do make it thru will most likely be somewhere else. They get pushed around pretty bad. Just learn all of the areas you can hunt.

Yup on what azkiller said about lots of bucks getting killed during other hunts. Probably a good idea not to post pics of the biggest bucks you see. It will be a fun hunt, and getting up there during the other hunts and seeing what is happening is half the fun. Take lots of pictures of bucks and enjoy all the prep.

Congrats on a great hunt.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely be up there the weekend before my hunt and a couple of days before the opener. Does anyone know how to get a hold of granite dells ranch? I can't find a phone number or an address on the internet.

I can only speak from my 2011 rifle hunt in 19a. All the bucks i scouted were right where they were supposed to be. fill 2 out of our 3 tags before 9am on opening morning. didnt fill my tag till later that same day but the buck i shot was plenty big enough for me. good luck, dont over think it and have fun.

post-14400-0-91042400-1468862859_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I can only speak from my 2011 rifle hunt in 19a. All the bucks i scouted were right where they were supposed to be. fill 2 out of our 3 tags before 9am on opening morning. didnt fill my tag till later that same day but the buck i shot was plenty big enough for me. good luck, dont over think it and have fun.

I would be happy with your buck. I'll try not to over think it and having fun is going to be no problem. I love that you can hunt them all day long even when it's hot.

• Like 2

If you scout hard and plan opening morning right it should be over around 6a.m. Friday morning. That's optimal. The scouting is the time to have fun in my opinion. That hunt is stressful.

• Like 2

If you read the regs it says no hunting west of Robert road. That includes glasford hill and granite Dell's ranch. Good luck on your hunt.