Sign in to follow this  
ej20

First scouting trip

If you read the regs it says no hunting west of Robert road. That includes glasford hill and granite Dell's ranch. Good luck on your hunt.

I thought that was only for south of the 89A?

Does anyone have contact information for Bob Burris of the deep wells ranch? No one answers the number thats on Google.

Good luck congrats on drawing the tag

Does anyone have contact information for Bob Burris of the deep wells ranch? No one answers the number thats on Google.

I met him on my archery hunt...nice guy. That ranch was walk-on access and open during archery last year. Not sure about rifle season.

Deep well is walk on. I never got his number, just bumped into him. Don't sweat it if you can't get ahold of him, it's fair game.

As far as the Granite Dells, good luck. Ownership changed to some big conglomerate a few years back. You might ask Sir Royal, as he knew the owners at one time.

And Glassford hill is definitely off limits.

Granite Dell's estates on the south side of 89a is owned by Mike Fann. The owner of Fann contracting. Not sure if he owns the north side or not. It's not posted.....

I spoke with one of the higher ups for Granite Dells and it is off limits for anyone other than friends, family and business associates. As far as the Deep Wells ranch, I spoke with him as well. There is no sign in sheets, foot access is welcome. His main concerns were vehicles on the ranch, leaving cattle alone and if you're sitting water, do not chase the cattle away from the water.... Other than that, he said good luck. The Perkins ranch still has spots available for trespass fees if interested. Good luck on your tag, I hope you have a great hunt.

• Like 1

Looks like you spotted some good speed goats! best of luck to you on your hunt!

I have Mike's number, but he is pretty easy to reach at his office too.

I can only speak from my 2011 rifle hunt in 19a. All the bucks i scouted were right where they were supposed to be. fill 2 out of our 3 tags before 9am on opening morning. didnt fill my tag till later that same day but the buck i shot was plenty big enough for me. good luck, dont over think it and have fun.

What did that buck end up scoring? I put a stock on him opening morning of 2011 im pretty sure. I am guessing he came off of Fain? Later on in the hunt, my hunting partner missed him at 40 yards! I could not believe he made it thru both archery hunts.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info everyone it's made it a lot easier to try and figure out this hunt. Figuring out where and how to hunt this unit is part of the fun but also a little frustrating. I just got to keep scouting and staying on these bucks.

I can only speak from my 2011 rifle hunt in 19a. All the bucks i scouted were right where they were supposed to be. fill 2 out of our 3 tags before 9am on opening morning. didnt fill my tag till later that same day but the buck i shot was plenty big enough for me. good luck, dont over think it and have fun.

What did that buck end up scoring? I put a stock on him opening morning of 2011 im pretty sure. I am guessing he came off of Fain? Later on in the hunt, my hunting partner missed him at 40 yards! I could not believe he made it thru both archery hunts.

He ended up being just over 83". When i shot him he was at 300 yards and dropped and yes the far east end of fain just before the eastern unit border. He was all by himself when i shot him too. My dad took a mid 70's buck off fain the same morning and my brother in law shot a dink. 3 goats in one day.

• Like 1

What did the goat in your profile picture score? looks like a stud buck for sure.

• Like 1

This is a 19A rifle buck from 2008 I took on the granite dells ranch when they charged trespass fees. Fun but short hunt. Good luck.

post-13242-0-06920500-1469231486_thumb.jpg

What did the goat in your profile picture score? looks like a stud buck for sure.

Thanks, He Scores 78 1/2". Great buck for sure, but I'da lost some money on what I thought he was gonna score. haha! Weaker top mass left him shy of the 80" mark. 19A is a fantastic hunt, with lots of stud bucks. I think I blew all my Antelope luck on my first 3 tags, and now I will have to join the Majority and wait another 20 years for another.