Sign in to follow this  
quailchaser

40B

Folks,

Anyone have any ideas on this unit? I hit one of the Tinajas tags. I put in on a whim.

I'm still trying to decide if this is real or if I'm going to wake up find out it's a dream. (I've been down that road before.)

In any event, any comments, etc., will be appreciated. BTW-15 Points got the hit.

Thanks!

Get a lion tag too. Haven't been down that way since I was a kid living in Yuma. But we saw both sheep and lions down there backpacking with our scout troop. Also, the thickest patch of Cholla Cacti I've ever seen was down there, on the east side of the mountains.

Congrats on the tag, and if you need an extra set of eyes, let me know.

quailchaser Congratulations! I had the tag in 2008, a friend had it in 2014. Two very different hunts, but the results were the same, both tagged early in hunt with nice rams. I can give you some info on unit, and with his permission put you in touch with one of the guys who was on the hunt 2 years ago. His info is more timely, but the unit hasnt changed. The number of class 4 rams seen by those guys explains why there are now 2 tags compared to the 1 on my hunt.

Call Scott Fischer at G&F. He will be your best friend. There are some great Rams in the Tinajas. Lions are few and far between now and the sheep are red horned Devils!!

Pm sent

• Like 1

Thanks folks for the encouragement. I really appreciate the support.

Bonecollector: Sorry I took your tag. (I'll cheer for you next year!)

Notags: Thanks for the info offer. I will contact you.

Right now, work is hectic, but I need to get the old rifle sighted in.

Best of luck to everyone this fall!

I too spent some time in 40B. As Notags said, he took a great ram in 2008, and then my hunting partner took a good ram in 2014. Lots of great rams in the unit. Pm me with any questions, and I will answer to the best of my ability. We spent a bunch of time in the unit during scouting trips and saw a bunch of good rams. Some of which should still be alive. Go get your Berry goldwater range clearance as soon as you can.