DesertBull

Jimmy Johns

Its funny how so many ppl say "I'm no expert"... if you're not, the don't portray yourself as such. Everone has opinions, but to preface your statement with a simple "helped out" qualification really dilutes content.

That was the joke.

Swarovskicoues, you are the one that layed out the small base statement. If you can't answere the question I asked I believe it is because youre only repeating babble you've heard or your lack of experience is validating your statement. Seeings how your first experience was 2 long years ago that is not surprising. It is a rather simple question. And no, I'm not trying to be a tough guy, I'm not trying to hide. My name is Travis Scott. I do have my numbers on this ram, and they are little closer together than your guess. A guess is a guess. One thing for absolute certain though ol swaro man, when this ram is measured one side or another will eat crow...if you are man enough to own up to it.

• Like 1

Swarovskicoues, you are the one that layed out the small base statement. If you can't answere the question I asked I believe it is because youre only repeating babble you've heard or your lack of experience is validating your statement. Seeings how your first experience was 2 long years ago that is not surprising. It is a rather simple question. And no, I'm not trying to be a tough guy, I'm not trying to hide. My name is Travis Scott. I do have my numbers on this ram, and they are little closer together than your guess. A guess is a guess. One thing for absolute certain though ol swaro man, when this ram is measured one side or another will eat crow...if you are man enough to own up to it.

So Swarovskicoues, how big do bases need to be for a ram to reach 190 and how big do you think that "small based" ram in region 4 bases are?

Its funny how so many ppl say "I'm no expert"... if you're not, the don't portray yourself as such. Everone has opinions, but to preface your statement with a simple "helped out" qualification really dilutes content.

why so mad?

my first sheep hunt in 2014 resulted in a desert sheep scoring 186 B&C, nobody had ever seen him in the unit and its a very popular sheep unit, so i believe a 190 can go unseen. also the ram they want to kill with auction hunter wont be world record or come close. his bases arent big enough, im guessing 183 to maybe 190 but i doubt it.

this is all the guy said and youre acting like he called your girlfriend fat.

You are one of the funniest people I've seen trophyhunter. Great reply. When you can't think of anything constuctive to add, why not just be funny?

all youve done is talk trash to one guy in this thread lmfao

Trash talking? I asked for validation on his comment. If you consider that trash talking I would suggest you not to take a stroll into public. I do admire your eagerness to defend your fellow brethren here. Applauds and kudos to you. Unfortunately I dismiss unsupported hearsay as just that. Have a great trophy

I usually start with my measurements based off the seconds. I do this because 2nd quarter measurements are almost always visible at any angle. I compare the seconds to the rams nose, more specifically, where the white meets the gray. So I will move forward from there.

His Seconds are obviously larger than the nose. The average nose is 12 - 12.5 inches. This rams seconds will be 13 5/8 - 13 7/8. His first is slightly bigger, 14 1/4 - 14 3/8 and bases 14 1/2 - 14 6/8. Thirds are tricky because they are incredible on this ram. I'm guessing 11 - 11 1/2. That brings the mass total to 53 3/8 - 54 4/8 multiply by two that's 106 6/8- 109. Length is solid over 40 on both horns givin how low he drops. Remember, the length measurement is taken on outside of the horn so inside of horn does not matter. Low is 41 1/2 - 43. Add that up 192 - 195. Of course my measurements are derived by seeing him in person many times and as close as 10 yards...not just looking at pics. Also, I have numerous 180 plus rams in Western Arizona... he's the biggest ram I've ever seen.

• Like 8

I usually start with my measurements based off the seconds. I do this because 2nd quarter measurements are almost always visible at any angle. I compare the seconds to the rams nose, more specifically, where the white meets the gray. So I will move forward from there.

His Seconds are obviously larger than the nose. The average nose is 12 - 12.5 inches. This rams seconds will be 13 5/8 - 13 7/8. His first is slightly bigger, 14 1/4 - 14 3/8 and bases 14 1/2 - 14 6/8. Thirds are tricky because they are incredible on this ram. I'm guessing 11 - 11 1/2. That brings the mass total to 53 3/8 - 54 4/8 multiply by two that's 106 6/8- 109. Length is solid over 40 on both horns givin how low he drops. Remember, the length measurement is taken on outside of the horn so inside of horn does not matter. Low is 41 1/2 - 43. Add that up 192 - 195. Of course my measurements are derived by seeing him in person many times and as close as 10 yards...not just looking at pics. Also, I have numerous 180 plus rams in Western Arizona... he's the biggest ram I've ever seen.

Yeah... This sounds good based on the pics I have seen. I figured the length at 44 and a bit more on all the mass but over all I concur.

Well, that took a quick turn.. The man knows his sheep apparently.

So, all I want to know is where the heck is a picture of him?

For the record,

Nextime I am talking to someone about a sheeps score, I am totally gonna start talking about average nose diameter. That way they know they're talking to a SME. HAHA

I've never heard of anyone from the ADO camp throwing scores around. I've personally have talked to those guys and their answer regarding score is "let's put a tape on him & find out". I don't think anybody is qualified to say what he scores

My name is Travis Scott. I do have my numbers on this ram

guess theres a first for everything