Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

RCBS Chargemaster question

Will the powder dispenser work with any digital scale or does it have to be the RCBS 1500?

I have been really happy with mine, but I still check most charges with a balance beam scale. Seems the digital is almost always dead on.

I throw to within .3 grains, and then trickle up to the exact kernel for every single charge on my RCBS 5-0-5. Time consuming, but worth it.

• Like 1

I throw to within .3 grains, and then trickle up to the exact kernel for every single charge on my RCBS 5-0-5. Time consuming, but worth it.

How many toothpicks are in the box?

It's not the money it's the fact I have a Gempro scale I really like. It will measure a single grain of H1000. It's just slow to spoon and trickle the powder into the pan for every charge.

• Like 1

I thought I was gonna be so much faster when I got my chargemaster but now I'm just standing there waiting more lol. When I used to use a lee scoop to get me close before trickling I was busier and time seem to pass quicker. Always something I guess. Now I just do something else while I wait.

I've been using the chargemaster for years. I love it. I recently added a gempro scale for higher precision. I set the chargemaster to dispense 0.2 below charge and then transfer over to the gempro and trickle up like Lance is doing. By the time I am done with the gempro the chargemaster has dispensed the next charge and I keep moving. Goes pretty quick.

• Like 3