Sign in to follow this  
WadeNAZ

Alright. I have seen enough. - Im sold.

Alright. I have seen enough.

Im getting a cam. I have never used one before but you have all made me see the light. I will search the site for more information. But for a beginner what would you all recommend that may or may not be new on the market.

PS I dont want to spend a ton of money on a camera. I have also seen enough that no matter what i do that there is a risk I may one day have it stolen or destroyed.

Thanks,

Wade

Step number one!

Go buy a camera then on the way home just throw it off the bridge.

If you want to have it longer, take it home and smash it.

With any luck this will make the Camera Gods happy and you won't loose any more.

:lol: :P :lol:

Mike

The moultrie's sold at Walmart and Sportsmen's are the cheapest I know of and they seem to work ok. I have had mixed luck with them. I have two and one works better than the other. The trigger speed is a bit slow I think. But for $100 it's pretty good.

Amanda

Take a stroll throug any of the trophy elk units up north. There are tons to choose from on the trees there for the picking.... :P Oh and just don't forget your bolt cutters.

Take a stroll throug any of the trophy elk units up north. There are tons to choose from on the trees there for the picking.... :P Oh and just don't forget your bolt cutters.

:lol: :P Just stay out of 22

:lol: :P Just stay out of 22

Ya beat me to it. :rolleyes:

I haven't had any trouble with mine. Just make sure to read the directions twice. My first one I thought I would just be able to figure it out once I was out there. Long story short I didn't and hiked back to the truck and then back to my spot. All three of mine work great. Each one is different, I would just grab the cheapest one and go.

Alright. I have seen enough.

Im getting a cam. I have never used one before but you have all made me see the light. I will search the site for more information. But for a beginner what would you all recommend that may or may not be new on the market.

PS I dont want to spend a ton of money on a camera. I have also seen enough that no matter what i do that there is a risk I may one day have it stolen or destroyed.

Thanks,

Wade

I took some advice from some guys with quite a few cams and a member here (rimhunter), and bought a wild view. I couldn't be happier with it. It has never messed up on me, takes good pictures, and the batteries last pretty good. I have never heard any bad things about them and they are pretty inexpensive. i got a 4mp for around $100. There are cheaper ones with fewer mp and a 5mp one for a little more. They also have a $10 manufactures mail in rebate till the end of Jan.

Make a choice on all the input you get but I would not waste your money on a film camera.

Get a couple of rechargable batteries or a solar panel,

get a extra SD card so you can just go out and swap cards and battery if not on solar.

Make sure the cord for the solar is tucked away or wraped tightly around the tree.

I carry new alligator clips and black tape to repair my cords every other trip

cant go wrong with a wild view....i had one of the cheap moultries and after it messed up for the fourth time it got smashed by a 33 inch BF goodrich

which solar panel do you use gamehauler?

I use the one from Moultrie that is in the link I posted.

I got a new panel with the last camera I got so we will see if the is any differance.

Maybe they had a problem with the old ones but I have not except for the Critters chewing the wire in half.

Step number one!

Go buy a camera then on the way home just throw it off the bridge.

If you want to have it longer, take it home and smash it.

With any luck this will make the Camera Gods happy and you won't loose any more.

:lol: :P :lol:

Mike

Mike that was really funny.

I personally like the WildView camera's. Try the #2 or #4. They both work great and there under 100 bucks. I'm sure whoever is using mine is really happy with it. &$$ HOLE!

Good luck and stay out of 22