Red Rabbit

Preferred vegetation to hunt coues in?

Just like this .... Just like this...

Thats the ticket break out the binos and the tripod!! Is it Oct. yet??

I like the octillo and the juniper/oak stuff. I think I like the juniper/oak stuff more only because it is usually cooler during the rifle hunts, and the octillo stuff because its warmer in January.

That was a nice picture!

Thanks AZ P&Y...now I know what to look for. Being new to the area I am still learning what is what!

I love that photo AZP&Y!!!

Thanks everyone.... If anyone wants a free 5x7, I'd be happy to send you one, just PM me your address and it's on the way.. Arizona Guide has a copy and I think he made it into a poster ;)

I must say I also really like OCOTILLOS!

AzP&Y Doug

post-898-1189206385_thumb.jpg

Traditionaly I've hunted mostly grassy hillsides spotted with juniper/mesquite trees. I've also hunted lower in ocotillos and suguaro country. I would hunt on the moon if you I knew there was a big coues buck up there.

I noticed in some of the pictures posted in the archery section, there were pine trees in the background. The unit I drew this year has pines to the north and then as you head south it turns into high desert(junipers,mesquite). Do the deer seem to move out of the pines when it starts to cool off and get into the junipers? Are they in the Junipers all year long? I have thought about trying to hunt them in the pines with my lever action just to make it more challenging. David

I'm still new at this, this being my first year, but I've seen them in what look to be like ponderosa pines all the way down to the palo verdes as long as there was water and no cattle. I'm looking forward to the rut hunt though, cooler temps and lovesick bucks! Here's a little doe in the pines up high.

Mark

post-2095-1189954031_thumb.jpg

GIMMIE A NICE SHIN DAGGER CARPET

here is your shin dagger and a couple of bucks!

AzP&Y

post-898-1189960154_thumb.jpg