Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Elk Pics??

Hard hunt but a ton of fun. Was able to get on bulls most days chasing bugles and sitting trails. Had a great bull at 30 yrds opening afternoon but as I was settling my pin on his shoulder I realized his left main was broke off just past his g2 so being the opener I let him walk. Never pulled back again till late Friday. While chasing bugles found this old guy in a pond wallowing around. All I could see was his tips over the bank. He stepped out and stood broadside at 65 yrds. Was not sure if I even hit. Waited and hr before looking for my arrow and blood, Could not find either. Was starting to get worried and it was dark by now. Walked over the hill to take one look in the direction he headed and just before I was about to quit for the night to return in the morning the flashlight found him pilled up on the other side of the canyon. Double lung with the arrow buried . Not my biggest but love the character

post-12026-0-68008500-1474473391_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Hard hunt but a ton of fun. Was able to get on bulls most days chasing bugles and sitting trails. Had a great bull at 30 yrds opening afternoon but as I was settling my pin on his shoulder I realized his left main was broke off just past his g2 so being the opener I let him walk. Never pulled back again till late Friday. While chasing bugles found this old guy in a pond wallowing around. All I could see was his tips over the bank. He stepped out and stood broadside at 65 yrds. Was not sure if I even hit. Waited and hr before looking for my arrow and blood, Could not find either. Was starting to get worried and it was dark by now. Walked over the hill to take one look in the direction he headed and just before I was about to quit for the night to return in the morning the flashlight found him pilled up on the other side of the canyon. Double lung with the arrow buried . Not my biggest but love the character

Thanks for sharing and great bull. I'll take character over size 90% of the time. Glad you tagged out

That's a sweet looking bull !!! Congratulations