Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Elk Pics??

My buddy sent me a blood trail pic at 7am ish and I haven't heard from him since. We might already have our first wounded bull story. In his defense he shoots multiple times a week and takes money from me every time we do the walking course at Ben Avery.

You say that like its a difficult thing to do.

• Like 1

So we have had two morning hunts already and not one picture yet. What is going on? Us guys stuck at home need to see some pictures. At this point I will take a scenery picture.

So we have had two morning hunts already and not one picture yet. What is going on? Us guys stuck at home need to see some pictures. At this point I will take a scenery picture.

It's been a little slow for us so far. Not a lot of bugling but enough to make a couple stalks.we got on a bull yesterday morning that was okay and one pretty nice 330-340 bull last night, nothing this morning.

Up in 6b. They were going strong this morning. Chased bugles all morning. Some sound raspy and big. Problem is that all the heards im getting on are small bulls doing the bugling. 1x6 i almost shot cause he looked cool. Had several bulls 5pt and under 50 yds. Best chance was today on a ok 6 but was think and i thought he was gonna make a right into my shooting lane but he went left. Its very hot. 82 where im at right now. I might get impatient and shoot a dum dum bull before too long. I might be bymyself for anfew days and a packout would suck by myself

• Like 2

Not a pic, but this afternoon while driving the family home from our Yellowstone vacation, we were on I17 past Flag and I shouted "ELK". My wife nearly had a heart attack before I could tell her it was a VERY BIG RACK in the back of a guy's truck. Lucky him!

• Like 1

Not a pic, but this afternoon while driving the family home from our Yellowstone vacation, we were on I17 past Flag and I shouted "ELK". My wife nearly had a heart attack before I could tell her it was a VERY BIG RACK in the back of a guy's truck. Lucky him!

That is the only VERY BIG RACK my wife appreciates me looking at.

• Like 3

I was in the A3 camp in 23 this weekend and 2/3 hunter's killed opening day. Both killed in the evening sitting water. Me bull was 372 the other 392.

I know I am "that guy" but won't post pics of a bill that isn't mine. Bugling kept us up last night. When we woke up this AM hey we're still going.

Although they are rutting pretty decent, the heat was the death of those bulls cause they are hitting water multiple times each day.

• Like 1

No Pics here cause everyone spends too much time online and not enough in the woods....Do You all hear Me, and don't drink so much... Good luck..................BOB!

My multi unit area was tough, no bugles, really hot and water EVERYWHERE from the 5 inches of rain in the last month, so the elk are all spread out willy nilly wherever they feel like roaming and not in their normal spots, and not rutting yet that I can tell... After the cool down this week I expect better, if it doesn't rain any more that would help too.