Cell4soul

Lightweight Build

Will you let us know here if you can get a manners inletted for a model 7 please

i looked at their site and it's not listed. I'll email just to see but looking like no.

I know McMillan does.

Awesome thanks

• Like 1

Will you let us know here if you can get a manners inletted for a model 7 please

i looked at their site and it's not listed. I'll email just to see but looking like no.

I know McMillan does.

Awesome thanks

Thank you both. I was reading the same on their website. I spoke with McMillan awhile back and they will inlet any of their stocks for any rifle, so they won't be a problem. B & C has the Alaskan that is under 2 lbs and requires minor in letting. They had the Alaskan in stock a few weeks ago, but now appears they are sold out of the Alaskans for the Model 7.....bummer because they are on sale for over $100 off retail right now.

Cliff, I still have those primers for you when you are ready. No hurry, they aren't going anywhere, I've set them aside for you.

Here is the stock I really want, just not in the budget quite yet after buying the barrel, reamer, go gauge and trigger. Hoping for another bonus in January. attachicon.gifIMG_0002.JPG

EH-5. Nice choice! I was looking at the EH-5A for a build too.

• Like 1

6 months!! That's why I use HS stocks. Those manners look sweet though!!

Yeah quite a wait.

Seems like the only quick way to get a lighter weight stock for the model 7 is one of the mdt chassis, they make a couple for the model 7.

I would add a folding AR stock adapter too. And a lightweight AR stock and good to go!

McMillan makes some good ones too!

• Like 2

The Answer is yes they inlet for it. They're 6 months out on stocks.

Thanks for the info. I will likely be contacting you for pricing when the funds allow. I won't be in a hurry because I still have the thumbhole that I will bed and free float until I can get the Manners. REALLY like that Manners thumbhole.

The Answer is yes they inlet for it. They're 6 months out on stocks.

Thanks for the info. I will likely be contacting you for pricing when the funds allow. I won't be in a hurry because I still have the thumbhole that I will bed and free float until I can get the Manners. REALLY like that Manners thumbhole.
im here to help!

My 7 SAUM reamer should be at my buddy's house in a couple of weeks to start the barrel work. I am going to start working on prepping my brass. I have several hundred pieces of .300 SAUM I will be sizing down. Being pretty new to reloading, I am seeking advice on which sizing die to purchase? Any tips for sizing down the .300 SAUM brass? My reloading experience thus far is limited to my 6.5 Creedmoor, so all advice is appreciated.

Nothing between .308 & .284".

Not having the chamber specs of .300 RSAUM and 7 RSAUM in front of me, I don't know if they have the exact same body length, shoulder datum, neck length, OAL, etc.

I would run just one through the die and check it. The only thing you will want to worry about is base to shoulder datum to make sure you don't bump the shoulder so far you get a head space issue once you get your barreled action. Then I would wait to run the rest until you get the rifle back so you can check chamber depth.

• Like 1

I turn .308 brass into 7mm-08 AI without any problems. You can type each cartridge into your search engine along with the letters "SAAMI". This should pull up a chamber blueprint for each round that you can compare. I expect the only difference will be the neck diameter, however I am aware the .338RUM has the shoulder pushed back and is shorter than the 7mm & .300RUM. So it is the same parent case but has a different headspace. Comparing chamber prints will confirm if the dimensions, other than the neck, are a match. Since you are sizing the necks down the wall will get thicker. If it ends up to thick, for any reason, the neck wall can be turned down.

I'm sick and bored so I pulled up the chamber prints to amuse myself. the 7mm & .300 RSAUM match in the following dimensions. Head to shoulder 1.5383. Body taper measurements at 1.250 spacing are 5.500 & 5.357. Shoulder is 30 degrees. Case length is different. 2.035 for the 7mm and 2.015 for the .300. All that means is you wont have to trim brass for a while, Good luck.

• Like 1