Sign in to follow this  
Hunter2626

Culture or clueless

We always camp far from anybody when we set up camp....

#1. We don't have to worry about them bothering us

and

#2. We don't have to worry about us bothering them.

• Like 2

and

Yeah and a few hours later, here comes Pedro the dirty ice cream vendor. Sets up across the road and is muy anxious to try out his new sound system with 45000 watt amplifier. Even his kids with FTSD (fiesta traumatic stress disorder)start hanging out at your camp after the tequila starts flowing

Why not camp a little further away from someone else's camp?

Not really the point was it?

I've encountered the same thing up north while checking out some trailheads.

I kind of think that is exactly the point. While not my cup of tea, public land is open to the public. If you don't like how someone is acting camping next to you, move. Or just start way back in the sticks to start with. While it is rude, so are half of the other things that a lot of people do in the woods. Beer cans, huge smokeyes bonfires, quads, driving by camp fast and dusting campers out, smoking, noise, generators, target shooting, music, RVs, communal campsites that look like a regiment is camping together, horses, backpackers, etc. Someone is always going to disapprove of something if they have neighbors.
  • Like 5

I would hate to be next to anyone that makes a lot of noise out in the tulies. Sometimes it might be fun especially if there's pretty ladies around. Most of the time when I'm out hunting I just come back to camp and I'm sleeping within a half hour because I'm so exhausted. There are a few times where I am in just the right mood and would join in the party. Not too many, but its happened before. Its mostly hanging out in a local bars that are a long way from home where most people don't know me and I can get away with a lot. I have had some good times in bars. If its a real serious hunt, I would just move down the road or go to a motel for one night.

Why not camp a little further away from someone else's camp?

Not really the point was it?

I've encountered the same thing up north while checking out some trailheads.

I kind of think that is exactly the point. While not my cup of tea, public land is open to the public. If you don't like how someone is acting camping next to you, move. Or just start way back in the sticks to start with. While it is rude, so are half of the other things that a lot of people do in the woods. Beer cans, huge smokeyes bonfires, quads, driving by camp fast and dusting campers out, smoking, noise, generators, target shooting, music, RVs, communal campsites that look like a regiment is camping together, horses, backpackers, etc. Someone is always going to disapprove of something if they have neighbors.
Apparently you are clueless. The point is the culture of rudeness, not how far you need go to get away from it. Besides, Pedro and his cousin's will dog you down the road. If more people take a stand against such behavior, it wouldn't be so prevalent. But no, pack up and let the a-holes win as you slink off.

and

Yeah and a few hours later, here comes Pedro the dirty ice cream vendor. Sets up across the road and is muy anxious to try out his new sound system with 45000 watt amplifier. Even his kids with FTSD (fiesta traumatic stress disorder)start hanging out at your camp after the tequila starts flowing

Lol, Those dang dirty ice cream vendors hahaha.

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

+1 on wilderness areas. It’s a dang shame to have to hike a half day to get away from all that stuff, but it’s so worth it. I stopped getting frustrated with the glampers and city slickers cause I realized I couldn’t change their culture. I just avoid them now.

And to answer your original question, it's a culture of being clueless, and it's not limited to any race or creed.

It's not culture it is respect and common sense. Kinda of like insinuating all us Mexicans are the same and all you gringos wear white sheets at night. I think Edge is the exhaulted ruler here.

• Like 4

Who knew that there were so many Spaniards up north camping!?!

It's not culture it is respect and common sense. Kinda of like insinuating all us Mexicans are the same and all you gringos wear white sheets at night. I think Edge is the exhaulted ruler here.

you mean the Grand Pooh-Bah? Heck, he's a Democrat nah, you humble me but there's plenty of white trash to go around

and

LOL Where do you camp?? I have never once been bothered by any race of people blaring loud music.. I mean I have seen such behavior but it was at those camp sites with the cement fire pits and what not..

• Like 2

Ewhaela..................go to your grocery store parking lot and look at all the carts parked all over the place when there is a rack for them to go into 10 feet away.........and people are too lazy to put them in the rack.....and you want them to behave in a respectful manner out in the woods??? Culture and flat rude lazy, white, purple, green, black don't matter what color they are all out there!!!

• Like 2