Sign in to follow this  
metau

Looking for trailer for Hunts for Heroes hunt

Title says it all. I am looking to borrow a travel trailer for the late rifle cow hunt in unit 8. Edge, myself, two other forum members and a 5th volunteer from church will be taking 3 of our veterans on this hunt and I'd like to be able to put them up in a nice warm trailer, as the temps will be in the teens and a proper bed would be much better on their bodies than a cot. Our current plan is to host them in wall tents w/cots if we cannot source a trailer. Edge is willing to trade bearing/axle maintenance/work for this, and I am sure he will chime in here to provide details. So if anyone has a warm trailer with separate sleeping areas, please contact me so we can work out the details.

Thank you,

Jerry

What are the dates?

the hunt is 12/2-12/8

I plan on heading up to camp on 12/1. Edge had mentioned being up there the day before. We will break camp on 12/5.

Edit- We may have an additional volunteer and the ability to stay in camp until the 7th.

If I had a trailer I would loan it but I don't so I will hope and pray someone will step up

We got a hundred dollar offer from Prdtr, anybody else? Thanks man.

I will do a free axle service on any trailer loaned to us. That's about a $200 value on a tandem

As a broken body veteran I can tell you it's about darn near impossible to go sleep on ground anymore. Sure wish I had bought a cabin when they were not so expensive.

Anybody that has had some operations will agree the cold can be rough place! Now if I sleep in a nice warm, cozy cabin I wake up ready to roll.. Ok well still takes couple hours. L.O.L.

Good luck guys! I have a donated tag for 22 bull gonna see if I can get'r done Lord willing.

• Like 1

I have a small travel trailer you can use. It is an R-Pod 179. It would only sleep 2 adults comfortably though (unless 2 of them want to share a bed, which is doubtful). Here is a link to the floorplan:

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=173&Image=5054&ShowParent=1&ModelID=974#Main

It is small, but yours if you want to use it. I am heading up to help with the Hunt for Heros after Thaksgiving, but I am not taking the trailer.

• Like 1

Cell, that should work out great as I found out late yesterday one of our hunters is bringing his adult son, so we could use your trailer for the two of them. Also may have another trailer that is able to stay up the whole week with an additional volunteer, so now we may be doing a full week hunt. PM inbound to you.

• Like 1