Sign in to follow this  
PowellSixO

Need to find Tire and Wheel Package

I'm about ready for a new set of tires for my truck. I'm currently running the Nitto Trail Grapplers in 35x12.50r20. Well I absolutely hate having 20" wheels, and want to get new tires and wheels at the same time. I'm thinking of going with either a 17 or 18" wheel this time. I'm wanting to switch the tire this time to either the Nitto Ridge Grappler, or the Toyo RT in a 35" tire. I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, for a shop or someone that could give me a good deal on a set of wheels and tires for my 2007 Chevy Classic 2500HD. Thanks.

i just bought a set of wheels and tires for my dodge 2500. i got the nitto terra grappler G2's and 18" wheels. tires are metric sized but basically a 34.5"x11.5". i started buying all my tires from Superior Tire Wholesale in phoenix. they have beat everybody's price by quite a bit. i think my tires were a little over $1000 for all 4. My wheels are Fuel brand so they aren't cheap, but they beat all the prices i could find by about $50 a wheel too. i would definitely look into them

• Like 1

I got a great deal on tires and wheels through Discount Tire Direct on Ebay. They had money back on all of it, and I ended up able to save about $600 Total over what the local stores wanted.

• Like 1

You can generally save quite a bit of money by going with 17" rims

Yeah that's another reason I'm thinking of the 17's. I can find a set of wheels and tires for almost the same amount of $$, as a set of 20" tires. Lol. Plus the ride offroad should be much better with more sidewall.

• Like 1

You should just buy a prius, I heard those tires are cheap.

Haha. Yes they are. Plus I could probably go more places than my truck, and I'd save on gas too. 10mpg, up hill, down hill. Lol.

20161122_112835_zpszl4wivhc.jpg

I got a great deal on tires and wheels through Discount Tire Direct on Ebay. They had money back on all of it, and I ended up able to save about $600 Total over what the local stores wanted.

I was looking at those guys on ebay. I was just kinda nervous ordering tires from Ebay. How was your experience buying them from Ebay?

I can't help on wheels cause I'm cheap an still running stock on my f350 however discount tire direct is good. I am running 315/75/16 cooper STT pros and love them. I ran two sets of the original STT's prior to the new ones. Personal preference of course but I didn't like the nittos at all. I've got a few buddies running the Toyo open country MTs and they love them. Plus they're getting good life out of them.

• Like 1

I also run the sst pro, and love them. Haven't had any complaints or problems with them and will be putting another set of them on when they wear out. There's a cwt member on here that works at discount tire direct and sells tires, archermatt is his user name. He's ran pretty much every off road tire on the market into the ground and could probably help you find what your looking for.

• Like 1

I was looking at those guys on ebay. I was just kinda nervous ordering tires from Ebay. How was your experience buying them from Ebay?

Well...its Discount Tires...so it is the same as the local company. In fact I paid them to do the mounting.

Just lookup Discount Tires Direct on Ebay.

I can't help on wheels cause I'm cheap an still running stock on my f350 however discount tire direct is good. I am running 315/75/16 cooper STT pros and love them. I ran two sets of the original STT's prior to the new ones. Personal preference of course but I didn't like the nittos at all. I've got a few buddies running the Toyo open country MTs and they love them. Plus they're getting good life out of them.

STT's are great tires.

Check Desert Rat Offroad they have good tire & wheel packages. I beleive they are based in Tucson check out there website.

• Like 1

Well I've put an order in to Desert Rat down in Tuscan. I ended up going with a set of 35x12.50R17 Toyo Open Country R/T tires, a set of Level 8 Tracker II Polished aluminum wheels, and a lug nut and lock kit set. Should be here by Friday or Monday. I'll post pics once they're here. Thanks for all the help everyone. With shipping and everything it came out to $2K on the nose.

Capture_zpsjbybysep.png

• Like 1