elkhunter

Direct tv vs Cox

I only have cox for internet as century link blows in Wickenburg.. I gave an HD antenna and get all local channels except one. All HD for free. Stream Netfilx and Amazon.

I get 3-1,3-2,5-1,5-2,10-1,15-1,15-2,15-3, umpteen spanish channels,45-1,45-2,51-1,2,3,4, 61-1,2,3,4, umpteen god channels as well,shopping bs channels too.

Im too low for 8 and 12 but for free I don't care.

I only have cox for internet as century link blows in Wickenburg.. I gave an HD antenna and get all local channels except one. All HD for free. Stream Netfilx and Amazon.

I get 3-1,3-2,5-1,5-2,10-1,15-1,15-2,15-3, umpteen spanish channels,45-1,45-2,51-1,2,3,4, 61-1,2,3,4, umpteen god channels as well,shopping bs channels too.

Im too low for 8 and 12 but for free I don't care.

Century link blows every where... We had them in our offices since they were Qwest and man they are just horrible.. As soon as cox came available we went with them..

• Like 1

Century link is the reason we cut the cord. We had the full premium lineup for direct tv and fastest internet provided by century link. Wife was working from home for a week and internet went out, she can't work without it. After the 4th call with a rep in India or Pakistan told my wife she didn't show any outages or work being done I'm my area, I walked my cell phone out to the closest of 4 Century link trucks backed up to a hole with the tailgate umbrella out and handed the phone to the guy in a hard hat. Service was cancelled then and there. Cox internet and a handful of subscriptions are all we pay for now. We are saving over $100/month and the only thing I don't get is the NFL ticket and I don't miss it.

• Like 1

Century link is the reason we cut the cord. We had the full premium lineup for direct tv and fastest internet provided by century link. Wife was working from home for a week and internet went out, she can't work without it. After the 4th call with a rep in India or Pakistan told my wife she didn't show any outages or work being done I'm my area, I walked my cell phone out to the closest of 4 Century link trucks backed up to a hole with the tailgate umbrella out and handed the phone to the guy in a hard hat. Service was cancelled then and there. Cox internet and a handful of subscriptions are all we pay for now. We are saving over $100/month and the only thing I don't get is the NFL ticket and I don't miss it.

^^^^^

That right there sounds like my experience with century link.. The worst.. So bad the techs would bad mouth the company and suggest Cox.

I have to laugh.......DISH internet sucked and blew both.....so we dropped it and just kept the TV portion.

They inform me I have to send the dish back to them or pay $90.00, I told them they could come get it.

They said they would have to charge me......I told them they put it up there to come get it themselves.

They said they would have to charge for a tech to come get it plus the $90.00 bucks.......

I told them to either come get it themselves.....

Don't charge me 90 buck and I won't drop their TV portion of the program....................

The dish is still on my roof and I still have TV........and I didn't get charged 90 bucks........

We use cableone internet which on the mountain is the fastest we have been able to get and DISH for TV.........

That's exactly what happened. The tech I handed the phone to cancelled our account with the genius on the phone and immediately grabbed his PDA and put a lock on our address. Sure enough, they tried to cut our service even though we were paid through end of month.

What do you use if you don't have cable or a land line? What satellite internet are you guys using? Or cell service USB card?

Pm me on this too if you have questions

Tried to pm you but it wouldn't go thru for some reason.

Sent you a pm. Fixed my inbox

What do you use if you don't have cable or a land line? What satellite internet are you guys using? Or cell service USB card?

In the copper mines we have to use satellite for internet and man it sucks.. There are companies that provide satellite internet for people who live out in the boonies they just sub contract them to cable contractors that work in small towns.. Its not very good service because its sat elite but thats all they really offer. Wi-Power is one companies name I know of.

We switched from cox to century/directtv a year and a half ago. The cable internet is much better, however we are getting a better package deal with regards to channels. Sunday ticket has been a blast these last couple of years but we've decided to go back to cox for just internet and to possible cut the directtv out and stream tv content instead.

In the copper mines we have to use satellite for internet and man it sucks.. There are companies that provide satellite internet for people who live out in the boonies they just sub contract them to cable contractors that work in small towns.. Its not very good service because its sat elite but thats all they really offer. Wi-Power is one companies name I know of.

This isn't the case anymore. I have taken over every state west of the mississippi and things are changing. There are a lot of good things in the pipeline for you guys who live out in the dirt areas. If you have questions feel free to pm me.

• Like 1

There is your answer all companies s..., and bl.., and gleefully take your money. As long as sheeple continue to buy the junk then that is all you will get. It does keep the economy going. Those ten quest or whatever people standing around a hole in the ground watching 1 person work need money for their babies too. Now go out and hunt something and be happy. :)

If you cut the cord to stream you'll probably still need cox. Century link high speed blows. Forget about TV service. Just get high speed internet and KODI.

+1 on this

Had Directv for years. Got sick of shelling out $120+ every month and paying extra for NFL. Bought a $100 android TV box, installed Kodi, and couldn't be happier. We watch shows a day later, can watch just about any movie or show you want, any time you want. Bought a $40 subscription to SportAccess add-on and a $10 digital antenna for the NFL season. Hard wire your KODI box to the internet and it works even better than on wifi. There is a little bit of a learning curve with Kodi, but if you can follow a YouTube video you can get Netflix, HBO, NFL, Movies, and TV.

If you want to try it out, you can install KODI on a PC. You will want the Exodus Add-on, just search youtube for instructions on installing addons.