Sign in to follow this  
AZkiller

I love Cabo

So we went down for our 10th anniversary and got a couple days of fishing in. Lands end charters is by far the best company I have ever chartered with. Ive been down there 3 times and it keeps getting better.

post-3955-0-22484300-1484188027_thumb.jpg

post-3955-0-89186600-1484188057_thumb.jpg

post-3955-0-29359600-1484188146_thumb.jpg

post-3955-0-47027100-1484188259_thumb.jpg

post-3955-0-34690600-1484188280_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

We stayed at Grand Fiesta Americana. The panga was thru Landsend as well. I didn't look at the name. Wasn't super impressed with him. I did catch that jack jigging. That was fun. He faught as much as a tuna.

Dorado - YUM. YF Tuna - YUM. Jack Crevelle - great to catch (toro de mar). Thanks for sharing.

I was talking to my youngest sister today and she was thinking we siblings should do something special for my youngest brother (I'm the oldest) when he turns 60 next year.

He lives in Louisiana (poor bastid) and fishes all the time. The Red in my avatar was caught on his center console. So I suggested we take him to Cabo or Mazatlan.

WTF, at our age every day is a blessing if you know what I mean. His wife of almost 30 years passed away on 1/22/16 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 11 months before. Did I mention he loves to fish?

I visit for a week or so about every six months so I thought, what would be better than a fishing trip in February next year, all expenses paid. I just need to arrange the time off with his bosses wife now that she is running the business after Doug passed away last from cancer that came back after 20 years which is how long my brother has worked there. Crappy hand all around.

It would nice to spring it on him but he doesn't have a passport so I will set it all up then a couple of months before tell him about it so he can get a passport.

Is Cabo better than Mazatlan? There may be 10 or 12 of us so maybe renting a house would be better than a motel. Looking for recommendations.

Looks like an awesome trip! Had a trip all planned out for the East Cape last year, but skipped it due to the whole Zika scare as I had my first child on the way. All my buddies went down though, and there wasn't a mosquito to be found.

And PRDATR, sad to hear of your brother's loss. If you want to spring that trip on him, head on over there to LA and book a charter out of Venice. Perfect time of year for huge tuna. Or make it for January and do a cast and blast. World class duck hunting as well.

I was talking to my youngest sister today and she was thinking we siblings should do something special for my youngest brother (I'm the oldest) when he turns 60 next year.

He lives in Louisiana (poor bastid) and fishes all the time. The Red in my avatar was caught on his center console. So I suggested we take him to Cabo or Mazatlan.

WTF, at our age every day is a blessing if you know what I mean. His wife of almost 30 years passed away on 1/22/16 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 11 months before. Did I mention he loves to fish?

I visit for a week or so about every six months so I thought, what would be better than a fishing trip in February next year, all expenses paid. I just need to arrange the time off with his bosses wife now that she is running the business after Doug passed away last from cancer that came back after 20 years which is how long my brother has worked there. Crappy hand all around.

It would nice to spring it on him but he doesn't have a passport so I will set it all up then a couple of months before tell him about it so he can get a passport.

Is Cabo better than Mazatlan? There may be 10 or 12 of us so maybe renting a house would be better than a motel. Looking for recommendations.

ive fished both, i like cabo better personally. but we hammered the sailfish in mazatlan the one time i went. ive always wanted to hit the venice tuna/wahoo bite but you can do 3-4 nights in cabo with fishing everyday for the cost of one day chartering a boat there it looks like.

ive always wanted to hit the venice tuna/wahoo bite but you can do 3-4 nights in cabo with fishing everyday for the cost of one day chartering a boat there it looks like.

Do it fast. The wall is going to be expensive. Expect Southern excursions to go up in price.

ive always wanted to hit the venice tuna/wahoo bite but you can do 3-4 nights in cabo with fishing everyday for the cost of one day chartering a boat there it looks like.

Do it fast. The wall is going to be expensive. Expect Southern excursions to go up in price.

Probably get cheaper if anything, it's already 21 pesos to the dollar.

• Like 1

Probably get cheaper if anything, it's already 21 pesos to the dollar.

Funniest thing, the Dollar has always beat the peso like it owed it money. The gun laws always turned my pops off of booking a hunt and fish down there.

Never been to Mazatlan but I did talk to a few peeps in Cabo that said that it wasnt safe there now. Gangs are waring.