Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Just ordered myself a new rifle

Well I figured it was time to finally order a new rifle, so I did. I ordered 2 actually, and will be selling one.

The one I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep is a Sako A7 Roughtech Pro w/ threaded barrel chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. It's pretty sweet looking and I know Sako is an amazing quality rifle. Stainless steel, fluted barrel, 24.4". I can't wait!!

The other is a Kimber 84M Hunter in 6.5 creedmoor. I originally ordered this one, then found the Sako and it had everything I wanted.

I've been waiting to get one of the Browning heck's Canyon X-Bolt LR but I gave up waiting.

Anybody else have these rifles and want to chime in on my decision?

• Like 1

Well I figured it was time to finally order a new rifle, so I did. I ordered 2 actually, and will be selling one.

The one I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep is a Sako A7 Roughtech Pro w/ threaded barrel chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. It's pretty sweet looking and I know Sako is an amazing quality rifle. Stainless steel, fluted barrel, 24.4". I can't wait!!

The other is a Kimber 84M Hunter in 6.5 creedmoor. I originally ordered this one, then found the Sako and it had everything I wanted.

I've been waiting to get one of the Browning heck's Canyon X-Bolt LR but I gave up waiting.

Anybody else have these rifles and want to chime in on my decision?

Man either decision you make sounds like it will be a great rifle! From the rifles above I've only had experience shooting a buddies Browning X-bolt in 6.5CM. That caliber is sweet! So you can;t go wrong. Best of luck choosing!

Nice.

Kimber has a Mountain Ascent rifle that weighs under 6lbs in short action that have been eyeing.

Nice.

Kimber has a Mountain Ascent rifle that weighs under 6lbs in short action that have been eyeing.

Ya, the Mountain Ascent is a sweet rig. The Hunter only weighs 5lb. 10oz, but it's definitely not the overall quality of the Mountain Ascent.

I have a Tikka ctr made by sako in 6.5 creedmore and is a great rifle. I also have a Sako long range hunter that is a great rifle in .338 lapua. Sako quality is fantastic. The only complaint I have on the Sako is they have a proprietary scope ring set up.

I have a Tikka ctr made by sako in 6.5 creedmore and is a great rifle. I also have a Sako long range hunter that is a great rifle in .338 lapua. Sako quality is fantastic. The only complaint I have on the Sako is they have a proprietary scope ring set up.

Ya, the Sako I got comes with a weaver rail on top so that eliminates the weird mounting issues.

I also have a stainless Tikka in 7mm-08 and love it.

i think i'm leaning towards a .260 gang. Question: Is that a caliber that i can shoot the shoot out of and not worry about wearing out my barrel? That's another criteria i'm leaning toward here...i love my 7mm mag but i refrain from shooting it too much since i don't want to wear out the barrel prematurely and it's shooting lights out right now....

thanks.

I can't find the Browning Heck's Canyon, only heck's Canyon. Is the Heck's Canyon new?

Edit:

I guess it automatically turns the h word into heck.

i think i'm leaning towards a .260 gang. Question: Is that a caliber that i can shoot the shoot out of and not worry about wearing out my barrel? That's another criteria i'm leaning toward here...i love my 7mm mag but i refrain from shooting it too much since i don't want to wear out the barrel prematurely and it's shooting lights out right now....

thanks.

my bad bro....i meant to post this in another thread. anyway, question still stands, sorry to hijack your thread.

You have a 7mm-08, just curious why your going 6.5 ? Are they that different? Are you target shooting? I have no idea here.

You have a 7mm-08, just curious why your going 6.5 ? Are they that different? Are you target shooting? I have no idea here.

That is like saying "You have a rifle, why do you need another one?".

Pure blasphemy.

I have a .260 Remington and a 6.5 SLR, and planning my third 6.5 rifle now.

• Like 4