They're products are solid! I have noticed that they run a little late on the 6-8 week timeframe though.

I had a custom reamer made by them about a year ago and it took around 10 weeks.

It was worth the wait though.

I placed a number of orders with them around 6 years ago. At that time the provided excellent customer service. One time I called in need of a pair of headspace gauges, they were out of stock. A technician overheard my conversation with the salesperson and said there was a batch in line waiting for a QC check. He volunteered to grab a pair and QC them. Half an hour later the salesperson called me back to tell me my gauges were packed and ready to ship. I can't say what current customer service is like. I am very happy with all of the tools I got from them. Midway USA is also a stocking dealer for some of their products

I ordered. bottom metal from them last year and was not even close to fitting the stock they claimed it was designed for

Sounds like they are pretty shitty to deal with by the link to the thread above. They said 6-8 weeks, so hopefully it isn't too much longer. I may just start looking for other sources and cancel the order.

In the past, they had a good reputation, but lately it's been hit or miss for a lot of folks. They have been taking a bit of a drubbing on a couple of the internet sites that I follow.

I won a certificate for a free reamer from them a Couple years ago. I ordered a go/no go gauges to go with the reamer. Was so screwed up I cancelled the order, Three weeks after I did, I was charged for the gauges. Don't know how they keep their doors open. No problems with JGS.

I emailed PT&G last week and never got a response. I am going to call them this week. If they can't get me a solid ship date, I will order through JGS if they can give me a solid turnaround time. I don't mind being patient, but they told me 6-8 weeks and it has been almost 3 months. I would at least expect they have the courtesy to respond to my email.

Otherwise, I could just switch gears and go with a 7mm Sherman Short Mag. He will rent me the reamer and all fire forming is done with 7 SAUM brass. For those that have fire formed using Cream of Wheat or other methods, how difficult is this for a fairly rookie reloader? If any of you have done this, would anyone be willing to show me the process in person?

Just be ready for their famous 20% restocking fee if you cancel. They are notorious for showing items "in stock" on the site, but customers often find out (after a lengthy period of time) that the product wasn't "in stock" and still has to be made. Then, if they cancel they are hit with the 20% restocking fee for something that doesn't exist yet.

A couple years ago it took the better part of 2 months to get a Savage bolt head and a 308 no-go gauge.....which both showed were in stock at the time.

Yeah, I read about their restocking fee in another thread. There will NOT be a restocking fee on my card.....I would just dispute the charges. Hopefully it won't come to that and they can offer me a realistic ship date.

In the past, I have ordered two reamers and 'no go' gauges from PTG. The first order went fine. The second order took three times longer than promised. That was before some changes in personnel. Quality Control and Customer Service have been in the toilet ever since. It was a great company - and could be again. But I will not be ordering anything else from them until they get their stuff pulled together. Three years and counting so far........

Unless you are ordering a custom spec reamer bullets.Com or grizzly.com generally have the ptg reamer and gauges in stock ready to ship and a little cheaper. I have had nothing but great luck and service from ptg.