Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

UPDATED!!! Who in phoenix still makes game meat sausage? 2 i used no longer take game

Little help.

Where do you take game meat to have sausage made? Telling me at your own house does not help since I don't have full set up. Schreiners no longer takes it and guess nor does Denmark. Thanks

Btw I want nothing to do with either of the people that owned 4peaks game processing

Not Phoenix but Von Hansons in Chandler does good work as does Millers in Queen Creek.

• Like 7

Not Phoenix but Von Hansons in Chandler does good work as does Millers in Queen Creek.

Ugghh I was afraid everybody gonna say an hour drive from me. :( might as well run it up to camp Verde. Ok thanks

I've resolved to makin jerky and pulled piggy this time around - I got a piggy with absolutly no holes or wounds to the body -

guy made an astounding cut throat shot with grim reapers - bleed out in 30 yrds - great easy trail to follow

but if u decide to go to camp verde !??

I've resolved to makin jerky and pulled piggy this time around - I got a piggy with absolutly no holes or wounds to the body -

guy made an astounding cut throat shot with grim reapers - bleed out in 30 yrds - great easy trail to follow

but if u decide to go to camp verde !??

I like the throat arterial shots 👍👍👍 clean meat for sure but the blood spray is haunting. 😩

In camp Verde I use Carl's as my butcher and they make good sausage also.

I second DesertBull's suggestion of Von Hanson's. I love their summer sausage.

http://vonhansonsmeats.net/

I called The Meat Shop off Lower Buckeye Rd., just south of downtown Phx and although they don't do any game processing at that facility, their west side facility does. (I called them and they said they did but if you go this route be sure to call and confirm for yourself before you make the drive.) Here's their info:

West Valley Processing

1015 E. Monroe Ave.

Buckeye, AZ 85326

Telephone:(623) 393-8488

Good luck and let us know who you pick and if you like the sausage.

I do my own elk and deer, but really didn't want to mess with my son's javelina from last month. I took it to Miller's Southwest Processing in Queen Creek. I think they may be a site sponsor? Anyhow, I was really please with what I got back. They do a flat $95 for a javelina and will mix it with regular pork to make whatever you want. You will get back about 30 lbs (if you are looking to do javelina). I did a mix of snack sticks (like a Slim Jim the diameter of a penny) and summer sausage. Both turned out awesome, probably too good. I have only had it back a week and my kids are about 7-8 pounds through the 15 pounds of snack sticks we got. If you go with them, go with some black pepper and some jalapeno snack sticks. The jalapeno and cheddar summer sausage is also money. Just be sure to ask them to cut the 3 pound summer sausages into thirds before wrapping and freezing. That way you don'y have to defrost a giant 3 pound stick all at once.

, go with some black pepper and some jalapeno snack sticks. The jalapeno and cheddar summer sausage is also money. Just be sure to ask them to cut the 3 pound summer sausages into thirds before wrapping and freezing. That way you don't have to defrost a giant 3 ponds stick all at once.

I agree on the Black Pepper and Jalapeno!

I wish I would have known about this earlier. I've resorted to the hack saw

• Like 1

Well van Hanson's one I'm in the middle of rush-hour traffic taking it there now LOL great time of the day to do it huh. I did not like Four Peaks game processing and I believe after their divorce they each started their own processing place and I'd rather stay away from that and I believe one of the ones mentioned above is one of their companies

I guarantee I'm going to be investing some money and all the equipment to make sausage this year. First of all I really enjoy making it so I don't know why don't own everything already

, go with some black pepper and some jalapeno snack sticks. The jalapeno and cheddar summer sausage is also money. Just be sure to ask them to cut the 3 pound summer sausages into thirds before wrapping and freezing. That way you don't have to defrost a giant 3 ponds stick all at once.

I agree on the Black Pepper and Jalapeno!

I wish I would have known about this earlier. I've resorted to the hack saw

LOL yes I learned years ago to ask for Chubbs or to have them cut it cuz when I bust out of 3-pound summer sausage half of it ends up going bad see your hacksaw comment made me laugh

Mike, you WON'T be disappointed with Von Hanson's. FYI, their maple summer sausage is AWESOME (just sayin') ...

I hate that high temp cheese they put in sausage. Disgusting.

+1 for Von Hansen's

If you make your own, use a cave aged cheddar. It has the texture and consistency of something closer to Parmesan. It's amazing. Just don't let your wife know about the grocery bill until she tries it.

Mike, you WON'T be disappointed with Von Hanson's. FYI, their maple summer sausage is AWESOME (just sayin') ...

Ok so I bought some goodies while there and was given few treats. Bought trash brat they call it but I could live without it, good just not my thing. Bought some green chillI and cheese brats and wife and I just ate them with corn on cob and sweet taters with brown sugar-butter-marshmallows and it was the BOMB. Love the green chills brats they have.

The smoked hot sausage sticks with jalapeno cheese the lady had me try were phenominal!!! I bragged so much she gave me the whole $12 pkg for free. :) half gone by time I got North phx.

• Like 3