Non-Typical Solutions

Night Hunting

Don't forget about them coon's

Hahahaha. My uncle just called animal control (he totally didn't) to deal with coons stealing the fish from his pond. This is 32nd and Beardsley. Bottom line is the trash pandas have been dealt with.

• Like 1

I think I would want to be in a tree stand for that.

I had a bobcat sneak up on me during the daylight hours and it just flat appeared like it rose up out of the ground. I couldn't imagine a lion sneaking in on me at night.....

I might be down to try some night calling. Shotgun in hand back to back with a trusted hunting buddy, pistol in my lap.

The yotes were getting pretty brazen and close to our tent during our javalina hunt last month.

I think I would want to be in a tree stand for that.

I had a bobcat sneak up on me during the daylight hours and it just flat appeared like it rose up out of the ground. I couldn't imagine a lion sneaking in on me at night.....

I think I've found a couple good safe spots. One is a small, small grotto in a cliff wall with a 150' wide sandy wash around it. I think the e caller is good for about 80'on a flank.

I've been calling coyotes and lion at night this winter.

I hunt just the same as I would in the day light. I scout a spot. I hike out to it. Except I have a 1500 lumen red led zoomable light mounted to my rifle....and I wet myself ever time I hear a noise.

Did hunting at night result in more flashes/shot opportunities then what you typically got when you just hunted during daylight hours?

No. I expected it to be fish in a barrel but I would say it's slower. But due to the open areas and I only called areas where there is an overlap between day long lions and day long coyotes. That overlap only happens in units near me that I would not normally hunt during normal day light be cause I don't know the areas as well and/or there are better day light areas near me. That and a steep learning curve and as edge mentioned finding a partner is much harder. Calling day long solo is to say the least an unforgettable experience.

That said it's totally diferant in the dark. once you called something in identifying it is Easier than I thought it would be. Stopping them for a shot an be harder at night. I felt like coyotes came in a lot more alert and timid.

• Like 2

Haha!! So My hunting buddy Zack and I were the ones arguing with NonTypicalSolutions about this... Didnt know the debated had been opened up to the Campfire community... lol