ElSavior

Who doesn't wear camo when rifle hunting?

No. Camo for hunters is a big business and they have spent alot of money convincing people they need it. It's more like a fashion show. I've shot between 3 and 15 whitetail and mule deer a year for 43 years and I had to wear blaze orange sometimes. What I did was more important than what I wore.

Mark

I wear it so i do not have to wear my regular every day clothing. And yes it does work to break up your outline to Animals. I killed more deer out of camo than in camo also but i do believe it works.

I like Jade, sometimes wear it because I can. I usually don't wear camo pants though, can't get any I really like. This year I archery hunted alot out of solid black shirt (underarmour) and had no problem getting within 25 yards of deer. I don't think it matters too much, stay in shadows and move slow.

I wouldn't worry about wearing camo while rifle hunting unless you are still hunting or sitting a blind or something like that. But if you are doing the standard glassing and shooting from a long distance, then camo doesn't give you a big advantage. But that said, most people wear camo and if I am helping someone with a hunt, I usually ask what their preference is since many people have strong opinions about it.

Amanda

I wear it because most of the pants have lots of pockets and I have room to move in them. I also like that I can tie them around my boots and keep out grass and other itchy stuff

Aaron

I wear it too. I think it helps break up the outlines and may give some advantage. The long range glassing and hunting is probably not needing camo ..but how often do you see something much closer than you intended? Happens to me when hiking in to a set up and I don't want to spook a whole area with 1 scared deer flagging his way out of the area.

I like the looks of it too. So many patterns to choose from. I Started wearing it to work this year and that is pretty cool since I've been business casual for many years. It makes it easier to catch one of the staff "prairie doggin" in the cubicles too!

I wear camo mainly because it tends to be lighter, cooler, and more comfortable to hike long distances in. I also wear it so humans can't see me, you never know when you'll have to hide from banditos down along the border.

I also wear it because it tells people that I am a hunter, something I am proud of. Also because I think it's cool :rolleyes:

I would have all our furniture in camo................if my wife let me.

I wear it 50/50 while rifle hunting.Some days I do and some days I don't.

They are more comfortable than jeans and such.

And I too would camo all my furniture if the Mrs. would let me :rolleyes:

dark clothes, stay in the shadows when you can. camo is ok. but once an animal sees you, it doesn't matter what you have on, you're busted. trick is to see them first. i like to go to booga reds during the late bull hunt and see all the flatlanders sittin' in there with their brand new camo on. head to toe. new boots. little leaves flutterin'. a real fashion statement. Lark.

I wear camo mainly because it tends to be lighter, cooler, and more comfortable to hike long distances in. I also wear it so humans can't see me, you never know when you'll have to hide from banditos down along the border.

I also wear it because it tells people that I am a hunter, something I am proud of. Also because I think it's cool :rolleyes:

I love it when people walk right by w/in a few yards of you & have know idea you're there. I think it's funny. :lol:

Not sure one way or the other as far as the animals go, but I figure it's better safe than sorry & blending in can't possibly be hurting your odds.

Matt S.

All I have to say is that this year during the archery hunt I got closer to more bucks and killed one while in a blue shirt and jeans. Much more success than when I wore my camo. :blink:

I love it when people walk right by w/in a few yards of you & have know idea you're there. I think it's funny. :lol:

Not sure one way or the other as far as the animals go, but I figure it's better safe than sorry & blending in can't possibly be hurting your odds.

Matt S.