TwoGuns

Opening Morning Buck!!

Dad and I were up early this morning and out on our way in the dark, at least relative dark since the full moon was HUGE. It was so bright I could hardly sleep. Anyway, we headed out and spent some time glassing on different ridges, but didnt have any luck. Working down a ridge, all of a sudden a couple bucks bust out of the brush and stop at 30 yards to see what was around, and that was all she wrote. One shot and the buck was down. It was awesome. Here are some pictures, and I included quite a few since so many are sitting at home without a tag, or waiting for their hunt to begin. What a great time spent with my dad, the weather was great, and sitting around the fire in the cool evening was sweet. We will be back at it tonight with my brother who also has a tag, and then tomorrow I will be taking my other brother into unit 21. Should be fun.

P10102192.jpg

This is me with the buck, maybe the very first of the 2007 season.

P10102212.jpg

P10102232.jpg

P10102242.jpg

P10102262.jpg

P10102292.jpg

Here is my dad with his 2007 Coues Buck

P10102312.jpg

P10102322.jpg

Also, I am pretty sure that this is the same buck that I got pictures of on my trail camera. Let me know what you think, if this could be the same deer. The buck we killed this morning was only about 4-500 yards away up a ridge from where my salt is.

Here is the pic from the trail cam

PIC_0001.jpg

Twoguns

Good job on your buck. :) I hope it goes that easy for me on 11-9. :unsure:

Darren,

Looks like familiar country. You made short work of your season. I'd say you got the trail cam buck. Don't forget to e-mail me your best field photo and gross score for the contest. Congrats to you, and hopefully your brothers later.

Doug~RR

Nice. I found a buck at 9:30. By the time I moved into position, around 9:45, that joker moved behind a sapling, and fed there for 2 hrs. Unfortunately, I was in a very uncomfortable position the whole time, but he finally stepped out. Buck went 3 feet and perished. Was a long walk out of the Superstitions, but well worth it.

Oh Yah :)

Lets get some pics and stories coming in.

Good job and congrates to you and your Dad.

Now go fill those other tags ;)

Good luck to Ya.

Mike

AC Guy,

Is your post saying you got your Buck :unsure:

If you did where are the Pics

Good luck to Ya.

Mike

AC Guy,

Yes, I got one, sorry no pics. Forgot camera at home.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are both something to smile about! Great job! I hope I am as lucky on my hunt 11/9 for deer

AzTrapper

Good luck to Ya.

Mike

AC Guy,

Yes, I got one, sorry no pics. Forgot camera at home.

Breathing to much Freon are we :angry:

Carry it BACK out there and take some pics :huh:

Maybe a pic with the wife or kids?? holding it will do :huh:

Congrats to you ;)

Mike

Congrats to your dad and I would say there is no doubt that is the same buck as you had on your cam. Thanks for sharing with us.

Phil

Good job Darren. Sorry I couldn't get over to see you guys, but I was helping out on another hunt. I also found some good deer in my honey hole. David

Good job Darren. Sorry I couldn't get over to see you guys, but I was helping out on another hunt. I also found some good deer in my honey hole. David

David, I would love to hear how you guys did over there, and what all you saw. I could not believe how many hunters were in the area, I hope you guys were able to get away from the crowds. Fill me in when you get time. Also, we had no other luck filling my brothers tags. We did see one other small buck, and lots of does, but no shooters.

I would also love to hear of any other bucks coming out of 6A this year. I have not seen any others yet...... <_<