Casey,

Thanks for posting those pics for me, I also want to say thanks

for a good hunt, me and my dad had a blast!!!! I would also like to

say thanks to AjoHunter for the good hospitality and for showing

me some good country, I would do it for you guys up in the high

country any day !!!

If I dont see the story posted soon I will make Casey do it. That was a great opening day this year! Glad I could put you in a good area where you shot that buck. I just got home and we have filled 7 out of 9 tags. Two guys are hunting the last day tomorrow so hopefully they will bag another one.

Did that desert country whoop you or what?? Man you look haggered in that picture!!!! Congrats again

Shoulda seen what we had to climb to get to him. Not to mention I glass him at abou 700-800 yards, and we got to 354 in about 5 minutes. And it was HOT!

Awesome buck Gabe! Did Casey whip up a Peach Cobbler for ya? It's awesome stuff! JIM>

Jim, I had all the fixins for it, but we didnt stay long enough for me to make it! By the time we got back to camp after killin the buck, all we did was eat skin it and go to bed!

Congrats to you Gabe, nice Buck.

:unsure: :blink: :blink:

POST IT already

Ok I know this a little late since I shot my deer last friday but this is the first

real chance I have had to write a story...........

We rolled in to camp thursday night Casey had told me that there might be a couple

of his buddys camping with us but boy was i suprised to see about 10 other hunters

watching me pull up into their camp! I dont generally like to do that unless they know

me but AjoHunter was quick to come introduce him self so i felt better about camping there.

Opening morning had finally come and to say we were just a little excited was an understatement

since we got to our glassing spot about an hour and a half early, that sun couldnt come up

quick enough,as soon as it did I glassed up what looked to be 2 bucks so the stalk was on

when we got closer we watched the 2 deer top over the hill and then the shooting began

we figured they had either shot the deer or spooked them off.We decided to go back to our

glassing spot since we really couldnt glass from there.I glassed up my dad and uncle Bill that had

stayed at our original glassing spot and in the same fieid of view of my binos I spotted a good buck,

got a hold of my dad on the radio and he said "get your a$$ over here that buck is 100 yards

from me brodside and does not know we are here" so Casey and I packed up our gear and

started to run back to where the buck was of course we didnt get back in time so the buck topped

over never to be seen again!!! We went back to camp for lunch and 2 of the other hunters

had tagged out so it was cool checking out there bucks. AjoHunter was one of the lucky guys

to shoot his buck opening morning so he decided to hunt with us for the afternoon hunt. We arrived

at what looked to be some awesome country so started to glass it didnt take long for me to find

some deer they were so far away that with my 10x42 swaros I couldnt tell what they were so I

called over Casey and AjoHunter with there 15x binos they confirmed that they wrere just does

so I decided to glass another hillside when Casey said that a buck had just came into view with the does. I was really excited now!! The buck bedded down in some thick octillas so we decided to make a move on him half way on our stalk AjoHunter glassed up a bigger buck now I was REALLY excited!!!

We worked up a deep wash and popped up right were I thought I would have a good shot, I got into position and started to open the legs on my bi-pod when Casey said I got him, but what he had was the bigger buck it didnt take me long to have crosshairs on him but I just didnt feel comfortable with

the shot it was 360 yards, he was looking at me, and there was some brush in the way so i decided tto hold off on the shot, it didnt take long for that big buck to figure out that he just about got smoked so over the hill he went, when he did he made the other buck stand up so my focus went back to him Casey called out "354 yards", I lined up the deer in the Boone and Crockett reticle

and let the 270wsm eat!!!!!!! The buck dropped in his tracks and celebration was on!!!!!!

I would like to give a special thanks to Casey

and Eric 2 great dudes!!!!!