Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Some help needed for Hunts for Heroes

New thread in Turkey Hunting forum about volunteer guides needed for a last-minute 6A turkey hunt tag donation that starts May 5th (weekend hunt).

ALSO --- MORE HELP NEEDED OF A DIFFERENT SORT! I'll be taking a vet out on a 5A hunt that starts in a little over a week (Friday, April 28). We'd like to borrow an oversized rectangular sleeping bag for the hunt. Who has one they'd loan out? I do have a large cot for the vet. I live in Gilbert, will figure out how to get it.

On another angle >>> I have 1 turkey decoy --- anyone have another we could use for the weekend?

Call me if you can help: (480)760-3868.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately I can't help out with anything on this specific request but if my schedule allows, I am happy to help on future deals. I don't know if anyone maintains a contact list of people to check with when the need arises or they just go to the forums but if you want to PM me, I'll give you my contact info for future requests. I live in Mesa FWIW.

I tried everything I could to get off for the sheep hunt several months back but just couldn't make it happen. I have a goofy schedule so it's hit or miss but there are times I could go for a week straight.

Ohthatguy:

That'd be great to have you help out in the future! Hunts for Heroes wouldn't exist without the big hearts of the hunting fraternity, from throughout the state. The program's strength is based on its volunteers (of which I'm a part). We're building a data base for those who want to be involved, both disabled vets and volunteers/guides. PM me your email --- we'll definitely get you in the loop (there's sure to be opportunity for hunts in varied units this fall). I'll email you some info ...

Hey Tom, I'm already committed to a Boy Scouts fundraiser that weekend, you wouldn't want my help on a turkey hunt anyway. But I've got you covered on the sleeping bag if you still need one. Let me know if a 0 degree bag that measures 90"x36" will work and I will get it to you.

Sean

Tom,

Left you a voice mail. I have a brand new sleeping bag and several turkey decoys. Sorry I can't volunteer, unless I get my turkey early in the hunt, then maybe. I'm in Gilbert too.

Kirk

• Like 1

I can't help next weekend, but I do have a HUGE pop up blind and a few decoys you are welcome to use if needed.

Shoot me a pm about the 6a hunt I woukd love to help out with whatever is needed.

• Like 1

Well, that's just fine and dandy --- things have gone wrong ALL day (now I just lost everything I wrote to you guys who've offered to help --- definitely tired!).

Keeping it short this time:

KIrk is loaning me a sleeping bag and a flock of turkey dekes --- MUCH appreciated!

Big Browns (Adam) -- I'll take you up on borrowing your pop-up blind --- will call you tomorrow.

JD and Sean: noted that you both stepped up to the plate. Will keep you in mind for the future. BIG thanks!

6A: text me your phone # to (480)760-3868 --- like to talk about how you might help out. Let me know when's a good time to call you.