jessedlc2

Scouting in 3b

I believe specific area. They are sending him a map. Only 5 guys get to go this weekend. It's a HAM hunt. He needs the meat so any bull is game, unless you see a stud of course haha. Alfalfa bull sounds tasty

Gonna see a nice increase in applicants if you keep posting

Thats ok I have a unit 1 tag.

To all those who chimed in on this post thank you!!!! Unfortunately i will not be able to hunt, I donated the tag to hunts for heroes. Had an awesome season shot 4 bucks hanging it up for the year thank u again

I have a late season muzzleloader tag in 3B I will be traveling from North Dakota down there and will arrive the Monday before opener to scout for a few days before the season, would anyone be willing to have a discussion on what to expect as far as pressure, private vs. public, any chance of private access, what the herd is like this year in the area, etc? 

Thank you. 

On 10/1/2019 at 8:59 AM, cojo1489 said:

I have a late season muzzleloader tag in 3B I will be traveling from North Dakota down there and will arrive the Monday before opener to scout for a few days before the season, would anyone be willing to have a discussion on what to expect as far as pressure, private vs. public, any chance of private access, what the herd is like this year in the area, etc? 

Thank you. 

Minimal hunting pressure. Giant bulls. All public land, good luck. Took this pic Sunday bull was twenty five yards away

IMG_20191002_062320_920.thumb.jpg.7528b8e2767b5b15c883da3623297241.jpg

• Like 1

idgaf my 70 year old dad drew the nov. 15th muzzy tag for this unit. He has never hunted elk before. I just finished my archery hunt in a different unit. I was unsuccessful but it wasn't from lack of effort and opportunities just could not capitalize. great experience! First time drawing early archery tag and can't wait to draw it again. My pops has a place in Lakeside but he is only there for the summer. Hoping we can find elk on his hunt. We have a couple guys willing to help. Anyway nice picture!

1 hour ago, Huntor said:

idgaf my 70 year old dad drew the nov. 15th muzzy tag for this unit. He has never hunted elk before. I just finished my archery hunt in a different unit. I was unsuccessful but it wasn't from lack of effort and opportunities just could not capitalize. great experience! First time drawing early archery tag and can't wait to draw it again. My pops has a place in Lakeside but he is only there for the summer. Hoping we can find elk on his hunt. We have a couple guys willing to help. Anyway nice picture!

I was joking around a bit. Message me if you guys get stuck.  

• Like 1