Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Tree Stand Info Request

If you recognize this waterhole and tree stand I am interested in touching base with you to make sure or try to make sure we don't run over each other during elk season!

I realize the grilling I am going to get for even asking but somebody will maybe PM me and make sure we don't conflict!!! Thanks

post-2034-0-63092200-1493676379_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-35580100-1493676395_thumb.jpg

Lets pretend this stand stays up in the tree clear until the late bull hunt and after attempts to communicate with stand owner there is no response or dialogue.

Can I sit in the stand for my hunt??? :ph34r:

Or does that cross the line of ethics???

I really didn't want to use that word but........

I don't see why anybody would grill you for that. You obviously aren't hurting or stealing anything. Seem like a good enough guy to me.

Dont worry its probably a turkey stand.😜 What dumb a$$ would hang a stand now for elk.

• Like 1

I've seen lots of this same type situation in any number of units !

Guys will hope you think exactly what your thinkin -

just hunt like it doesn't exist - meaning get there first and deal with it as it happens - if anything happens - let them know putting up a stand 6 mo early means SQUAT!!

• Like 1

I am aware of many tree stands like this that have been left in place for years. What surprises me most is I almost never find anyone using them. Are these guides leaving them up all year, abandoned, or some other situation? These are remote locations where I have found them so I'm guessing just too much trouble to take them in/out every year so they just leave them (not abandoned).