Adicted

10 Pointer out of Waddell

Gotcha.....

10LB Briskett that is

Picked up this Brisket from Safeway. Its the Point and not the flat. I am not the best at it so I'm giving it another shot. Added my rub to it yesterday and wrapped it up over night. I kept it simple on this one with Kosher Salt, Coarse Pepper, Little Garlic Salt, Smoked Paprika. My son needed gas money so I had him get up at 4am and get the smoker fired up and put this on. This is being cooked on a Traegar with Mesquite Pellets. I will cook it for a few hours with the fat side up then fat side down. At 160F I will then wrap it up in foil until it hits around 200 and I will check for tenderness with a tooth pick to see if its done. Want to eat it today so cooking at 250 instead of my normal 225. Should take about 10-12 hours then I will let it rest in a cooler wrapped in a towel for 2 hours...we will see how it goes.

post-9454-0-19420600-1493991727_thumb.jpg

post-9454-0-99524200-1493991733_thumb.jpg

post-9454-0-39189200-1493991739_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Oh that meat looks good. 10 pointer? How about a photo of The rack?

Man I so want a Trager already.... 700 bucks is worth it though from what I hear.. Good ole Waddell.. Got some buddies that live off of Citrus

Cabelas has a clone for $599 I think.

• Like 1

Man I so want a Trager already.... 700 bucks is worth it though from what I hear.. Good ole Waddell.. Got some buddies that live off of Citrus

Very happy with my Traeger but I got a second-hand deal from a friend and didn't pay nearly full price. I need to do a lot more with it than I have so far.
  • Like 1

Very happy with my Traeger but I got a second-hand deal from a friend and didn't pay nearly full price. I need to do a lot more with it than I have so far.

I'm gonna ask for one for Fathers Day.. They look so easy to use. I follow Chad Mendes on Instagram and he cooks everything in his Trager...

6.5 hours in and at 168. Waiting for the stall point to happen or this is gonna be done quick. Wrapped in foil now and looking good. Bumped smoker down to 225 and steady smoke is flowing.

How many lbs was it? Never done a brisket but gonna try it now. I was under the impression that a 4 lb point would take about 6 hrs at that temp but urs looks more like 6. Hard to tell from pic.

10lb brisket...rule of thumb is usually 1.5 hr per pound, but this is going quick...not home now but will get someone over there to check it...I will pull it around 200 then wrap in a towell put in a cooler for about 2 hours then slice it up....