Bucks_N_Yotes

How did you guys do in 6A?

I was up their for the hunt on the last of October. Saw a few doe's and a few hundred hunters. Every spot that I spent countless hours scouting either had someone camping about 100' from the canyon edge, or I would sit down, start glassing and glass up about 10 others doing the same thing. One morning I saw about 25 antalope, and on the way back to camp had a huge toad of the mullie type jump out in front of me. We had a camp that was behind us and on Sat night, they were poping off rounds for a few hours, That was a buch of BS. Tough hunt, but had a great time. Didn't get to harvest anything, so I hope others had better Luck!

I was up their for the hunt on the last of October. Saw a few doe's and a few hundred hunters. Every spot that I spent countless hours scouting either had someone camping about 100' from the canyon edge, or I would sit down, start glassing and glass up about 10 others doing the same thing. One morning I saw about 25 antalope, and on the way back to camp had a huge toad of the mullie type jump out in front of me. We had a camp that was behind us and on Sat night, they were poping off rounds for a few hours, That was a buch of BS. Tough hunt, but had a great time. Didn't get to harvest anything, so I hope others had better Luck!

my dad filled his tag opening morning....

P10102292.jpg

man, you sure are right about the # of hunters out there. we worked pretty hard to find a spot where we could avoid the crowds, and about 45 min before my dad shot his buck, a carp hunter told us we were in the wrong area, that there were no WT in the area. You should have seen the look on his face when he came hiking by while we were admiring our WT buck on the ground. :P

twoguns

I was out there with a buddy who has a dec tag before the oct season started, found 2 small bucks, and this past weekend I was out there again...alot of pressure, we saw elk and bighorn sheep but no deer, every hunter on the road flagged me down to ask if I've seen any bucks, seemed like a hard hunt to do

I saw alot of does this past weekend. I was actually all by myself. I think it was because I hiked so far back into a canyon. It about killed me getting out though. I will most likely head back into my spot where I have seen bucks almost everytime I go into the area. I had a lion spook them out of the area about a week ago, so hopefully they are back in there by this coming weekend. David

I connected with a buck on Nov. 3rd but I'm having trouble uploading the pics. Only saw 2 other hunters or 1 hunter and 1 hunting party.

congrats to all that has had success this season. dont mean to highjack the thread but i was wondering if anyone of you have seen many elk while deer hunting? i have the 6a smokepole tag in a week and a half and have been doing a lot of scouting with some success. been spending a lot of time scouting down in the lower country, getting kinda bummed with the 75 degree weather in november. been seeing a few bulls but nothing that i was really hoping for, just looking for a little advice. still got another 3 days of scouting, will be praying for some kind of freak storm! again congrats to all that had a successful season, harvested or not!

Hey Shooterpar, I never really ventured out from my small hunting location but I did see one very nice bull 7x8 in the lower elevations where I was hunting. Another hunter in the area did show me some video of several nice bulls he had seen in that same general area.