Sign in to follow this  
Calhuon

deleted

If I new anything about hunting new Mexico, I'd take it right now

What's the elk population there? I assume it's kinda like the 2a/b/c arizona hunts being that it is just across the border?

Good elk population. Where our property is SE of Gallup 8000' the bulls spar in our front yard. Nice mules, bear, and turkeys

I thought Landowner Tag means you need to hunt on the private land? At least that's the way my brothers tags work in 51

Nope. Land owner tags in nm are good unit wide.

As a landowner NM gives you the choice when you apply for your landowner permit whether you want to hunt just your land or the entire unit. It's a lottery too. this year I lucked out and drew a mature bull but I had shoulder surgery and wont be able to shoulder a rifle.

• Like 1

As a landowner NM gives you the choice when you apply for your landowner permit whether you want to hunt just your land or the entire unit. It's a lottery too. this year I lucked out and drew a mature bull but I had shoulder surgery and wont be able to shoulder a rifle.

Good info - Thanks

Anyone out there interested? Other tags in the same area are being advertised at $3250. I'm willing to take some trade.