Sign in to follow this  
87lc

Hunting Dilemma

I reached a milestone age and decided to give myself a nice hunt. Will probably go for a guide. What would you do? I am debating between a black bear hunt or mt lion. I even think, what about a coues deer on the res? That might be my last choice. I'll post the same thread in the mt lion section. I have not gotten either one.

+1 on the Kodiak or any Alaskan peninsula brown bear hunt.

What is your budget?

I'd opt for Mt Lion but it's probably going to be more physical. Maybe Alberta Black Bear.

pic your poison, a black bear hunt you'll be sweating your butt of getting eating up by knats in august or a mountain lion hunt you'll be freezing your butt off riding on the back of a mule all day.....both are great adventures

• Like 1

Don't know where my post went but I was thinking dry ground dogs on mules. Screw riding in the snow.

Another good option might be bear on POW.

I have been looking at DIY info for POW deer or bear.

• Like 1

Im not really sure what my budget is. I need to look into prices and see what I am willing to pay. More then likely I would just stay local. Of course I do have some family in southern Alberta. I would lean toward mt. lion. I was checking out guiding services for here.

• Like 1