Sign in to follow this  
Tannert

Looking for a Mr.Heater...Buddy heater

Anyone have a buddy heater they no longer need? Jumping jack is starting to get cold at night. Shoot me a text 480-358-5193

Get the adapter hose for the BBQ cylinder too. That thing is awesome. All night, no bottle changes even on high. It was a life saver on our December elk hunt last year the night we spent in the tent.

It was nice on the javalina hunt too being able to keep it cranked all night long.

• Like 1

Do you guys trust the built in sensor? We always turn it off and in the morning turn it on to warm the tent

• Like 3

Do you guys trust the built in sensor? We always turn it off and in the morning turn it on to warm the tent

I run mine all night and leave a couple zippers cracked, is half way trust an acceptable answer?

• Like 4

I have run my big buddy in both a popup and now my jumping jack (thanks Andy!). From my research and personal experience I think there is plenty of air movement and oxygen to not have to worry about the catalytic type heaters. With that said, I also crack a few vents "just i case".

No fun waking up dead.

• Like 1

I have run my big buddy in both a popup and now my jumping jack (thanks Andy!). From my research and personal experience I think there is plenty of air movement and oxygen to not have to worry about the catalytic type heaters. With that said, I also crack a few vents "just i case".

No fun waking up dead.

Is the big buddy overkill for the jumping jack?

Hard to say. It has three

No fun waking up dead.

Hard to say but I don't think so. It has three settings. I have only used it on low, but I have not camped in the "cold" yet. The only reason I used mine at all was for the kids because it was "chilly" and raining. At low it was very comfortable (even though it was only 50 outside).

When I used it in my popup it was definitely not too much. Popup was only slightly larger than jumping jack.

I have used the little buddy and I do like the big buddy better fwiw.

Do yourself a favor and buy the big buddy heater!!! Way worth it. Like Azdiaheat said it has 3 settings, its there if you need it, and I for one have needed it a lot. Plus the big buddy has the built in fan which is AWESOME

• Like 1

Hard to say. It has three

No fun waking up dead.

Hard to say but I don't think so. It has three settings. I have only used it on low, but I have not camped in the "cold" yet. The only reason I used mine at all was for the kids because it was "chilly" and raining. At low it was very comfortable (even though it was only 50 outside).

When I used it in my popup it was definitely not too much. Popup was only slightly larger than jumping jack.

I have used the little buddy and I do like the big buddy better fwiw.

Cool! Thank you for the info. That help a lot!

Do yourself a favor and buy the big buddy heater!!! Way worth it. Like Azdiaheat said it has 3 settings, its there if you need it, and I for one have needed it a lot. Plus the big buddy has the built in fan which is AWESOME

Vowell,

You sold me. Thank you guys very much for the info!

LOOKING FOR THE BIG BUDDY HEATER ONLY NOW. SEND ME A TEXT IF ANYONE HAS ONE THEY WILL SELL. 480-358-5193

I bought a CO detector that I keep in the tent because I am paranoid. I don't really think in a tent it is an issue, but learning the hard way would suck...

I have been in a cab over with a little buddy running all night with no issues. The only time we had a CO issue was when the RV 4 feet away from us was running his generator and that was leaking in. The exhaust was literally right next to us though.

• Like 4