out2hunt

november 36b success!!!

Well guys and gals,I'm back from 36b and just returned from Kruegars Creations!!This will be the first coues I am putting on the wall taxied!! Let's start telling the story. Opening morning found me on my favorite ridge glassing countless fingers of rolling ocittillos.45 minutes later ona saddle to my east,three bucks feed over towards my side of the hill.After deviseing a game plan,I stalked to within two hundred yards before the wind changed direction in the draw and sent them busting out of bed.I miss a 225yard off hand shot and my heart just sinks!!!He was a great 3x3 with enormous looking eyeguards!!!!The rest of the day was spent busting deer by humping through the nasty stuff,to no aveil.Day two my buddy shoots a true five by five-----in velvet still----5inches by five inches---LOL.All kidding aside,that buck was tasty at camp that night!!!!!The afternoon of day two found us on a ridge in an area I was not familar with,but looked like great coues country---1 doe and fawn.The hunt seemed extremely difficult this year with the deer staying bedded or feeding ten minutes then bedding for thirty then feed for 10 the bed for 45 then feed for fifteen----you get the picture!!!Tough finding any decent bucks---Lots of doe and fawns though!!!Day three found me on the same ridge as the opener glassing hard---I look like a racoon from my binos---630am three bucks feed over the ridge behind me and we range them at 509 yards.there is a ridge between them and us so I decide to close the gap!Down the canyon and back up the other side twenty yards from the top I hear 1 Shot and my heart sinks again.I scramble to the top to see my buddy has shot a small two by three(not what I was after anyway).After congrats and a long hike back to my ridge its now 730am.10 minutes into glassing the fingers my buddy says he's got a buck Maybe?He see a glint in his 10 powers at the very end of the mountain range behind us and my fifteens confirm he's a buck.At this distance i have an idea that he's a good buck and worth going after!! an hour and a half later finds us at 690yards from where we lost sight of him and within seconds I have him under a paloverde at the top of the canyon.We are on an east west running mountain top that runs into the north south facing canyon wall that he is bedded on.With my buddy dan set watching I close the gap to 490 the 408 then 264 and thats were it all happened!!!!!!After pulling the gun down no less than four times due to my heart racing and breathing.After calming my self and reminding my self that I had done this before,I started to relax.The fith time raiseing the gun found my crosshairs steady and as soon as I felt my finger start to have pressure I told myself just focus on the crosshairs and the gun goes of shocking me so badly that I swear it was 2-3 seconds before I jacked a second round and found him standing downhill with his head low.I fire the second round and the buck is nowhere to be seen?????After meeting dan half way,to grab my pack,hesaid he is down!!!I said I lost sight after the second shot and he infoms me that my first shot slammed him against the mountain and he raised up hunched back like a cat.When I fired my second round the buck was already dropping dead!!Second shot was into the hillside because he had just expired!!!!!! I have to thank god my wife and kids and my hunting partner for all that I was blessed with on this hunt!!! I have to buy a new usb cord for camera--kids---then I will post his pics!!! Things very rarely happen the way the should and this was one of those times!!!!!Thanks for shareing in the hunt with me and I hope you guys enjoy the pics!!!!

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us!

Congrats on your very successful hunt,

Bret C

th_october2007007.jpg

th_october2007009.jpg

th_october2007001.jpg

th_november11th200736b017.jpg

th_november11th200736b016.jpg

th_november11th200736b015.jpg

th_november11th200736b014.jpg

th_november11th200736b013.jpg

th_november11th200736b012.jpg

th_november11th200736b011.jpg

th_november11th200736b010.jpg

th_november11th200736b009.jpg

th_november11th200736b008.jpg

th_november11th200736b007.jpg

th_november11th200736b006.jpg

th_november11th200736b005.jpg

th_november11th200736b004.jpg

th_november11th200736b003.jpg

th_november11th200736b002.jpg

th_november11th200736b001.jpg

Well here are the pics of the hunt.In no order there are pics of oct unit ten muley hunt,dan's spike MMMMMM!!!,and my buck!Double click pics to enlarge!!!Enjoy!

Holy Eyegaurds Batman!!!

Is that the same one that got away from you opening morning?

Great bucks, thanks for sharing.

Awesome - heart pounding story!- 36b produces again! Nice PICS!

Congrats! Back to back years!

Azp&y

Thanks for all the big congrats!!!!!!Yes he is the one that I missed on the opener.I was camped of the 4164forest road but was hunting about 12 miles away.He is definitely my best coues yet so thats why he's being taxied!!! I am haveing chris do him in a semi sneak looking to the right,just how I remeber him before the shot!!!! Couldn't afford to do him up laying down under a palovede.lol.Would love to take the pic of he and I where i'm kneeling with him up close as my avatar!!!Help me oh great moderators!!!!

PM Sent!!!
thank you christian for taking the time to help me out with that.Do you think there was a better pic for the avatar?maybe one of just the buck?let me know what you think.Thanks again and congrats to you too, on bettering your last years buck by a ways!!!!!

You can try this one if you want it might look better. I lightened up the shadows and it looks alright. I will send you a link with the Avater link if you want to use this one.

out2hunt-1-1.jpg

Gorgeous buck right there! Great job! I think you should use the "steak n' shrimp" pic as your avatar.........MMMMmmmmm ;) If you like that photo of just your buck that Christian posted, I could photoshop it a little to make the background out of focus and it might make the buck look more focused and accent his antlers better........I could also add a droptine or two :unsure: JIM>