Sign in to follow this  
KeithV

Son's 1st Coues

Hey Guys and Gals,

This is my 16 year old son's very first deer. It was one of my proudest moments as a father. He spotted this buck at 11:30am, it was a scorcher out there. Come to find out, there were actually 2 bucks, they looked like a set of twins. My son made an excellent stalk, got within 400 yards and set up and took his shot at the bigger of the two bucks. The first shot dropped him in his tracks, one more shot for the kill. There was NO ground shrinkage, :P , the closer we got, the bigger the antlers got!! I was so excited for my son that I almost threw up. The buck was scored at 104 inches. This is the 1st deer we have harvested as a family since my father passed away in 06. The tradition was passed on to the 3rd generation.

Hope you like pics,

Keith V

post-912-1194928425_thumb.jpg

post-912-1194928448_thumb.jpg

post-912-1194928470_thumb.jpg

post-912-1194928505_thumb.jpg

post-912-1194928534_thumb.jpg

Hey nice buck, Just curious did you get that deer in unit 23? Thats a great first buck. Now your work is cut out trying to top that monster. But look on the bright side your young

Well.....that kid is screwed....he'll never be happy again. His first buck and it's a measly little 104" coues deer. What are you going to do now? BIG HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!

What a great looking buck. You cant get much better than that.

Way to go Dad, Atta Boy Son!!!

That's what it's all about.

They won't come that big very often but as long as you two are experiencing hunting together they'll all be trophies! ;)

Hey Guys and Gals,

This is my 16 year old son's very first deer. It was one of my proudest moments as a father. He spotted this buck at 11:30am, it was a scorcher out there. Come to find out, there were actually 2 bucks, they looked like a set of twins. My son made an excellent stalk, got within 400 yards and set up and took his shot at the bigger of the two bucks. The first shot dropped him in his tracks, one more shot for the kill. There was NO ground shrinkage, :P , the closer we got, the bigger the antlers got!! I was so excited for my son that I almost threw up. The buck was scored at 104 inches. This is the 1st deer we have harvested as a family since my father passed away in 06. The tradition was passed on to the 3rd generation.

Hope you like pics,

Keith V

All i can say is WOW!!!!!!! I shot my first buck when i was 14 with my dad and my grandpa!!!! and that was one of the most thrilling time of my life to see the proud look in their faces was priceless,my grandpa is up in years now so he doesnt go out much but when we return from "THE HUNT" we bring all the stories back and sit by the fire at his home and relive every moment with him.My son just finished hunters ed.and he's 13 and cant wait till he goes on "THE HUNT" to bad grampa cant go but will be there when we return hopefully with a huge buck like that would be a dream come true.thxz for the pics and the story hopefully i'll post the pics of my sons first buck,and have that look and feeling you had as the proudest father....

That is a great buck! Nice to see Carl and his brothers are going to be hunters for life. I love to hear these kids talk about their hunts at school. It brings back memories of hunting with my father when I was younger. Good job!!

Nice buck guys I enjoyed holding it as well. Thanx for stopping by. Now will you guide me next weekend Carl ?