Sign in to follow this  
G_E_E

WTB canvas tent or something similar

Looking for something that will sleep 6 to 8. Ideal if it came with a stove and floor but not completely necessary. Located in Tucson, but can meet or drive further if need be.

Your going to need a big tent. 10 x 12 won't do it. I would say 16 x 20 wall tent.

I just ordered a 14x20 from Davis tent. Sooooo excited!!

I have a Montana Canvas 14-16 (not for sale) and sleeping three or four with gear, stove, table it's pretty crowded. I would look at a much bigger tent for 6-8.

Dang, youd need a big tent. Might be worth it to buy two smaller ones. That way when you dont have as many people you can still manage to put one up by yourself.

We have a 8x10, 10x12, 12x14 and 15x18. 8x10 is turning into my favorite because its small and easy/quick to put up on the shorter trips.

• Like 1

Dang, youd need a big tent. Might be worth it to buy two smaller ones. That way when you dont have as many people you can still manage to put one up by yourself.

We have a 8x10, 10x12, 12x14 and 15x18. 8x10 is turning into my favorite because its small and easy/quick to put up on the shorter trips.

dang! What brand are your wall tents?

Look at bunk beds to sleep that many. Depending on how long you plan on using them you might buy new. I bought a Davis tent this summer on sale and got the 12x14. My oldest daughter is graduating this year so I need to sleep up to four soon down to three. Got the stove jack so I can add a stove later. The nice thing about Davis tents is you can select the option to have a door on the back wall rather than a window and the feed though sewn in for the frame.. Then you can put two tents together to make a bigger tent as needed or smaller. An example would be two 12x14's put together making a 12x28. Or two tents facing each other with a porch between them.

Yea I was think about a 12x20 at least, and yes was gonna look into bunked cots. Thanks for the info, I am hoping to find a decent used one to keep the cost down. I have also done some research on the Cabela's Alaknak 20x12 tent as a possible alternative to a canvas tent because of the cost. Any one here have first hand knowledge/experience with this tent? I have read lots of good reviews but it will be nice to hear from someone that has used it here in Az upnorth.