Sign in to follow this  
jdmecomber

100 Yard Long Range Load Development and Scope Tracking Target

Hey guys

Anyone that develops their own loads for long range shooting or hunting. What are your thoughts on this target? It's designed to develop an entire long range rifle and scope all on water proof and tear resistant paperpost-2325-0-96922600-1502523685_thumb.jpg

Pretty cool to me, maybe split that in half so there's not so much going on. Ounce you start getting holes in there it will be cluttered.

I like the idea of it but I usually end up shooting many more groups than given for the powder and lands. Even if I think I am dialed, seems I still shoot a bunch more fine tuning.

Currently use a similar system of cardboard and 1" orange sticker dots for everything but ladder testing. Cheap and hard to beat.

I do my load development over many weeks/months. So fresh targets for charge weight, seating depth testing are easier. Plus, I keep a lot of targets in my load boxes for future reference.

Hey guys

Anyone that develops their own loads for long range shooting or hunting. What are your thoughts on this target? It's designed to develop an entire long range rifle and scope all on water proof and tear resistant paperattachicon.gifIMG_5464.JPG

I think it's an excellent guide for someone just getting started on a long range project. While this is nothing new, I can't remember who had something similar back in the 90's?? I just can't imagine the clutter this could generate. What size is this?

I can test everything it does with a few sheets of plain printer paper and some adhesive blaze orange dots.