Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

2017 Power Wagon reviews?

I had to buy a new vehicle a few months ago after I was tee-boned on the way to work and they totaled out my jeep, so I ended up buying a Ram 1500 express, crew cab 4x4. I know it's not the big tough thing like the power wagon, but it has the 5.7 hemi, an 8-speed tranny, and a 10,400 pound towing capacity and that thing will fly up the hill to payson like a frickin rocket. I've been to Alpine & back 4 times with it so far this summer, averages 22mpg roung trip.

As strong as my 5.7 is, that 6.2 has to be an absolute beast.

Those big shiny ones with the offroad packages were awful tempting, but I just couldn't stomach paying an extra $25k. I put a leveling kit and some 34's on the 1500, it'll go wherever I need it to go.

I am looking at buying one now before the 2018's come out. I keep going back and forth between the PW and the tradesman with the off=road package. I do tow a bit and the tradesman has a better tow rating. 19 ft boat and occasionally a 27' travel trailer so nothing that really warrants a diesel.

We were in the market to replace my 2005 Ram 1500 and I wanted a 2500 for the ground clearance along. I was dead set on a 2017 PW until I started reading the tow ratings of a 2500 Bighorn 6.4L and the PW. With the PW, I was only gaining about 200 lbs of towing capacity over what I wanted. I don't tow a great deal and nothing huge, but I also couldn't justify all the bells and whistles (albeit awesome) that the PW had since I just don't go into those kinds of places in a vehicle anymore. I ended up ordering a 2018 Laramie with the 6.4L Hemi and Off Road Package. Its supposed to be here next week or the week after!

I am very pleased so far with my tradesman. I dont have a power seat big deal. I hate leather anyway. .410 posi and offroad package and tows my 8k set up awesome. I averaged 16.5 doing 82 from tucson to wickenburg as well.

post-5912-0-12704200-1503596656_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Test drove the Power Wagom, about 62k. The truck is nice and simple layout, a more utilitarian style.

It is a tad sluggish when hammering down to get it moving.

I then test drove the new 3.5 ecoboost 10 speed F150 and with the small stock tires it was a screamer. The next 3.5 10 speed F150 was lifted with 35's and that still moved quite well.

I noticed that the new 10 speeds are either running 3.73 or 3.55 gears.

Has anyone run the 10 speed 3.5 ecoboost with 35's and anyone have issues? Any need to change gears from 3.55 or 3.73 to 4.10?

I think my new truck will be the 10 speed f150.

And it will out tow any f150..

Not at all. The F150 3.5 ecoboost will beat the ram 2500 6.4 anyday pulling 10k up a hill. That being said, it wont tow it as safely, meaning less control.

That also being said, i test drove the new F150 10spd 3.5, ram 2500 6.4, and ram 2500 6.7. After months of research, I chose the ram 2500 6.4 for best all around vehicle. The F150 just felt like a car to me, weak suspension, too light of a vehicle, way too small of a bed...the ram 2500 with the cummins just wasnt good offroad due to the extra front end weight. The 2500 with hemi was the best all around, but not the fastest by anymeans.