Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Has anyone shot a swhacker through mesh?

No way. That little rubber band will break in a heartbeat.

I shoot Swacker's & keep two arrows in my quiver with Wac'ems strictly for when I'm hunting in a blind.

I wouldn't do it. Only mechanical i've ever seen shot through mesh opened up and and i'm pretty sure it is still orbiting the earth

• Like 3

Rick Forrest (Swhacker inventor) advised me not to shoot them through mesh. I know folks who have with mixed outcomes...he told me in a blind he always shoots them through open window.

Several years ago I shot at a big 110+ inch Coues deer through mesh with a Swhacker at 25 yards. I swear I was steady and right on target, but all I got on the deer were a few back hairs. I'm not going to definitively blame the swhacker/mesh combo, as it possible that I flinched and had a little buck fever. But to this day I still have nightmares about it and strugle to comprehend what went wrong. Needless to say, I won't shoot through mesh ever again with a mechanical.

Several years ago I shot at a big 110+ inch Coues deer through mesh with a Swhacker at 25 yards. I swear I was steady and right on target, but all I got on the deer were a few back hairs. I'm not going to definitively blame the swhacker/mesh combo, as it possible that I flinched and had a little buck fever. But to this day I still have nightmares about it and strugle to comprehend what went wrong. Needless to say, I won't shoot through mesh ever again with a mechanical.

Similar stories I've heard.

Rick Forrest (Swhacker inventor) advised me not to shoot them through mesh. I know folks who have with mixed outcomes...he told me in a blind he always shoots them through open window.

funny because that dude cole that shoots for them told me it was legit.

funny because that dude cole that shoots for them told me it was legit.
I think they tested them through mesh, but Rick told me he wouldn't do it and shoots with windows open.

I wouldnt shoot any mechanical through mesh.

IMO- logically it doesn't make sense to shoot a mechanical through mesh

funny thing is theres plenty of people on archery talk that says its just fine and dandy

I've not shot Swhacker but have shot several style mechanical through mess without issue.

One thing for sure is the anti-mechanical crowd will swear a mechanical won't deploy on an animal but will when shot through mesh.

• Like 1