Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Proposal for Wolves in Grand Canyon

Pretty pissed off reading stuff like this. Had this sent to me today- not sure which paper but pretty sure the tribune.

post-8413-0-47150700-1504051197_thumb.jpg

Let the tourists go to the wolves now. Not try to bring the wolves to the tourists. Besides, they will never be seen! And I am sure the hunters in 9, 7, 10, 12/13 would just LOVE that!

Well people who benefit from tourism are looking for a way to increase it. Introducing wolves will definitely bring in more people worldwide into the the area which already has a global oncurrance of visitors.

Once introduced, there will be people who track them and learns their locales. The they will offer wolf safaris and it will definitely spawn an industry once the population is established over the next 5 to 15 years.

Flip side is a 501C Fifa anti wolf protect our wildlife deep pocket lawyer infused group with unsolicited marksmen could disfuse the situation.

Speaking of tourism..... I would pay to see Hillary, Holder, Obama, etc in a cage.

Speaking of tourism..... I would pay to see Hillary, Holder, Obama, etc in a cage.

Those three and the wolves in one cage, now that would be something to see!

• Like 1

Just asking a question here, why do hunters hate wolves so much?

Is it the presence of wolves, or is it the federal government ramrodding something down our throats that doesn't effect them one bit? Or is it that large predators have been weaponized and used to progress other eco-agendas like logging or land access?

• Like 1

They have been proven to completely change an eco system and reduce heard animals (aside from bison) until they starve themselves out. They are the only natural predators who have been proven to kill mass amount of their prey for no reason.

My cousins run cattle in unit 1- when they verify a wolf kill they get $400. A good breed will bring in thousands depending on how long one will breed.

Wolves are some of the hardest animals to trap as well- with all the Anti hunters now an so few cattle ranchers today as compared to 150 years ago, the more they are introduced they harder it will be to get rid of them.

Why would anyone WANT wolves in an area? Ask ANY Alaska native (I work seasonally with several) who live near high wolf populations. There is not a SINGLE person I have talked too that like them, they are dangerous and wipe out the animals. They respect them but hate them.

• Like 2

Just hit them in the gut with a .22, or throw some poisoned beef out. Should end any recovery effort...

• Like 1

Just asking a question here, why do hunters hate wolves so much?

Is it the presence of wolves, or is it the federal government ramrodding something down our throats that doesn't effect them one bit? Or is it that large predators have been weaponized and used to progress other eco-agendas like logging or land access?

yes

So, didn't the eco-system survive for a long time with them, and was not ever wiped out?

Do our wildlands exist solely to produce game for us to hunt and beef for us to eat?

• Like 2

The wild life populations that survived with them before could move more freely and so could the wolves. Now wildlife can not move as freely as before and the wolves get fed so there is no natural control to the wolf population. If the elk and deer herds are wiped out the wolf folks will feed them keeping the wolf populations at an artificial high were the edible population has no way of coming back as they are destroyed before they can repopulate. Humans hunt seasonally the wolf population eats year round.

That eco-system is not the same as it was back whenever you are talking about!
For me personally it is about money being spent to "re-introduce" a specie that is questionably not the "specie" that supposedly inhabited this area at some time!

How many of us portion off a section of green grass in our yard to allow prairie dogs and gophers to live happily? They used to live there happily!

Hunters(this hunter, me) see their opportunities diminishing as the map gets sectioned off for a wolf that as the program evolves will eventually go where it wants to no matter what the wolf people say, that has already been proven!