Sign in to follow this  
452b264

PTG TRUED ACTIONS?

Has anyone used these actions before?

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/action-sale/11459-cfs-sa-receiver-w-ptg-bolt-and-remington-trigger.html

They also have stiller actions on sale with one of their bolts, which they provide bolts for all Stiller actions.

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/548-ptg-b-series-actions

I have purchased two bolts for savages from them without a problem, but I would like to hear if anyone has used one of their actions.

I have built a couple rifles with these. Not much to say about it other than it's a trued Remington with a little bolt work. At $380 thats a heck of a deal for a Remington action with all the work already done. I have also used their B-29 actions. They are essentially a stiller and the quality on the couple I have used have been great.

I have built a couple rifles with these. Not much to say about it other than it's a trued Remington with a little bolt work. At $380 thats a heck of a deal for a Remington action with all the work already done. I have also used their B-29 actions. They are essentially a stiller and the quality on the couple I have used have been great.

Not sure where you saw a price of $380? PT&G has a good price but that one is unheard of.

I ordered one last week for a 6.5 build. 399.45 after shipping and adding a rail. Friends have used them before to build some great shooting guns. At that price I figured it's my time to give it a try.

• Like 1

The same day I posted this they were $329. I should have ordered one I was thinking of building a 260 AI.

They are claiming a 12 week waiting time.

I think they told me my bottom metal was 8 weeks out and it took over 3 months. Then it did not come close to fitting my stock after talking to them and being assurred that it would.

The long wait time is why I hesitated. It said 16 to 20 weeks when I read it.

As I've posted before my experience with PTG sucked. I won a certificate for a free reader from them, then I ordered the go-No go gauges with it. They had the order so screwed up I went ahead and cancelled it. Two weeks after I cancelled the order I was billed for it. No troubles with JGS.

Click on the first link. $380

That is for a Remington action. Click again and you'll see the trued action cost is $675.

We must be clicking different links. The first link takes you to a trued rem 700 with 223 bolt face for $380

Click the drop down arrow to the right and select 223, standard or magnum bolt head. I am going to pass.