Sign in to follow this  
DipCope

Unit 13B Archery Mule Deer

I was lucky enough to shoot this old boy on the second week of the hunt. My dad and I both drew tags and spent 7 days going after big strip bucks. After sitting water the first day with nothing coming in and me going nuts in the blind we opted for a more entertaining option of driving and glassing. I'm a little guilty of not realizing how the strip really is. I imagined it as being like Kaibab and expected to see 200 inch bucks all over the place. There were a couple times I had to fight the urge to shoot a smaller deer because we weren't seeing that many and am sure glad I didn't. Thankfully I had the encouragement of my good buddy Bryan (Camofreak) to stick it out and I'm glad I listened. I shot this buck at last light and rather rushed as he was getting ready to boogie. He was with a small forked horn and was bedded ( I didn't know my deer was there), I knocked an arrow and started to position myself for a shot in case the young forked horn had a friend with him, well sure enough this guy stood up and started to get on out of dodge, I drew back without the time range as I could tell the forked horn was only a couple seconds from blowing the whistle and taking big boy with him. I shot him at 43 yards and am now completely ruined on mule deer hunting. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the pictures. I'd also like to thank David Pereda of Arizona Strip Guides for all that he did in making my hunt successful. Randy and Matt I'd like to thank you guys too for adding to the experience. post-6135-0-19445400-1506921807_thumb.jpgpost-6135-0-19445400-1506921807_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Great buck. I have known David most my life and is a great guy who puts in alot of work.