Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Hunts for Heroes needs help on Ft. Huachuca THIS weekend!

Hunts for Heroes has had a Ft. Huachuca Coues whitetail tag donated for the hunt running this Friday, Nov. 17 through Nov. 26. A qualified vet now has the tag in his name. He has had experience on Ft. Huachuca before. He will sponsor access for those volunteering to help.

The glitch --- volunteer help for the hunt is now unavailable.

The Hero for this hunt has been part of our program for a while (he just recently drove all the way to Unit 9 just to shoulder the duties of camp cook for 2 other vets' elk hunt!). He deserves a good experience on this hunt. He can get around, just needs to rest now and then while walking around.

It looks like this is the ONLY whitetail hunt going on this weekend. Who might free up some time to help this vet tag out? If would be awesome if you're available for this Friday's hunt start! If you can only help for Saturday and Sunday, that would be great as well. If your availability is close but doesn't quite mesh, contact us and let's talk.

Food is provided! Just bring your personal stuff. We will get camp location off-post to you.

Call me: (480)760-3868

• Like 1

Got the help we needed. Thanks to those who made time in their schedules this weekend!

• Like 1

It was an honor to be a small part of this hunt. Levi and his brother Duggan both had tags. Levi filled his archery tag in the summer hunt so donated the rifle tag to Carlton through hunts for heroes. Jayce from H4H came out to help along with Gale who is also Duggans father in law. Since Levis bro still had a tag they decided to all hunt together. Last night they had spotted two bucks and left them for first light. By the time I got there this morning Jayce was at the trucks keeping an eye on the bedded bucks and the guys were already in position on a ridge waiting for them to stand up. Once the big buck got up be made his way to an opening and a shot rang out. Clean miss. A minute later I saw the buck crumble a second before I heard the shot. It was awesome. In the excitment we lost the smaller buck then picked him up again. Couple minutes later the next shot went off and it was a hit. After moving in to finish him off the guys bumped him but got back on him and finished the job. Congrats to Carlton our wounded warrior and to Duggan on both of there very first bucks! These guys were all smiles it was great.

Duggan and his first deer with Levi

post-14299-0-46922100-1511052376_thumb.jpg

Duggan and Carlton

post-14299-0-24639500-1511053248_thumb.jpg

2 nice bucks

post-14299-0-70033400-1511053355_thumb.jpg

Carlton with his first buck and the volunteers. Gale on the left then Jayce and myself. I did nothing but show up. Hats off to Jayce and Gale for volunteering and for Levi for the tag donation.

post-14299-0-20298100-1511053719_thumb.jpg

post-14299-0-54940000-1511053949_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

It's great to see that others were able to step in and keep this hunt going. Congratulations to all.

Congrats Carlton. Carlton was the cook in Unit 9 for our hunt, his breakfast burritos were awesome as well as everything else he cooked.

• Like 1