DCMHunter

Is every one ready

Is every one ready for thier December hunts? We only have one week left before we can start shooting. I would like to thank everyone who has given me some advise and helped me out this year. I will be doing some final backing this week end and getting the panyards loaded and ready to go. I pulled the pack saddle out the other day and found where the rats had chewed on the britchen so I have been doing some repairs to it. I hope this is the only bad thing that happens this year.

I will be going to my trail head on Wednesday and packing into camp on Thursday. I will be coming back out on the 21st or 22nd for Christmas with the family and then back in for the end of the year finally if need be. That is if I doent get a nice one early. I can't waite any more, this is going to be a super hunt.

Congratulations to everyone that has been successful sofar and good Luck to everyone still going out. When I get back in January i expect to see lots of pictures. And hopefully be able to post several myself.

DCM

I'm ready. Been chomping at the bit since Sept, thank God it's finally here!!!

What wilerness are you packing into? I'm hitting the Pinalenos in Dec. & then either the Mazatzal or Galiuro in Jan, depending on what happens in Dec.

Good luck all you stick flingers & late season rifle guys!

Matt S.

OK, you guys, just rub it in. I used to love those December hunts with the rain and sleet and snow, and the big rutting bucks. But now, with a second mariage resulting in close to 40 grandkids and the chances of getting drawn next to nil, I opt for the earlier hunts. But I wish you well and will be thinking of you and the good old days of glassing into a brisk breeze and wondering where the bucks chasing the does were going to come out so I could intercept them. I was always thankful when they invented Gore-Tex so I could stay dry inside while the rain gear was keeping the rain on the outside. I hope to see pictures soon of the toads you bring back from your hunts. Good luck and take care. Don't waste the opportunity and settle for two point pencil necks. Jack

Whoooohoooo!!! I'm leaving in two days to go "hog-tie" some bucks so we can lay the smack-down on em' next Friday! The trick is to tie em' up by the back leg to a stout tree.....that way they can still feed around and if they get spooked and run they won't break their neck when they hit the end of the rope! ;) :lol: :P The only tricky part is gettin' em' tied up in the first place!

We are gonna go see if we can't trip across something big up in Unit 10.......it can be a cold mother up there but how many more winters do I have left.......gotta go get'm while I can still pull back the string....lots of luck to everybody out there and be careful......

Guest 300ultramag.

Just got back from the range!!!! Had to break in my new gloves, it is going to be colder than last year for sure!

oh man am i ready. havent sept good in weeks thinkin about this dec hunt.

Good luck to everybody, i cant wait to come back and see all the trophies people will harvest

Been way to ready for way to long! its about time its getting here! gonna have a few CWT'ers in camp with me. Hopefull Jimbo gets done early so him and Perky can come to camp as well!

This is my first rifle tag and possibly my first buck. I hope I don't get too excited and miss or shoot a little weener buck. Either way it is going to be a good time. My wife has a tag too so she gets to shoot the first one we find. Hopefully we find a bigger one next. Don't know if I could live that one down. I'm heading down Monday evening to finish scouting and find a good camp spot. Back to Phoenix Wed night to pick up the wife and back down to settle in and find Fridays buck/s. It is going to be a blast.

mr. smith, dont get in a hurry man, the hunt last till the end of the month! be patient, and pick out the one you want!

good luck to all!

We'll see how it goes. I have Christian going with me so I'm sure he will keep the pressure on me to wait. I'm more of a bird hunter though than big game and it is waterfowl season. I have told myself three points on each side. My wife on the other hand wants a spike. I told her she was being picky in the wrong direction so she changed her story to the first legal buck. It will definitely be a fun hunt down in 33.

Please tell me she is not going after a spike with that tag! with the toads that are being killed in that unit, that is probably the best whitetail tag to have in the state! hold out for some 90+ bucks, as it shouldnt be too tough!

I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Went and ran 3 miles this morning. I'll go to Usery Mountain and shoot the burlap couse for a few hours. We've located the doe groups in a few places and expect the bucks to do the same shortly. Probably put up my wall tent in the Pinalenos. I brought a half cord of wood back from my Colorado hunt. There's nothing better than being cold and wet and drying out next to a woodstove. Hot coffee helps too. I'm getting pretty old but the feelings are still there. God bless you all. Good luck.

Mark

post-2095-1197215039_thumb.jpg