bigsky2

Javelina Hunting Questions

Javelina meat, when handled properly is very good - jerky, backstrap cooked just like deer, etc. As others have said, the biggest issue is cross contamination by getting the oily, musky scent from their hide on your hands, then handling the meat. Best of luck.

Another shout out for the J13 call. If you break up a herd and blow this thing, more often than not they come back to investigate. I don't think they work well at all on an undisturbed herd - sends them running for the hills in my experience.

Im not one to ask for hunting spots or anything but i have a buddy flying driving in from kansas to pig hunt. I have taken him out in past years and showed him the unit he was suppose to put in for. HOWEVER he ended up putting in for a different unit. I have never hunted unit 32 and he tells me thats the unit he accidently put in for. I cant make it out this weekend. Is there anyone hunting 32 this weekend that i could give his number to that could reach out to him. He is a kansas game warden so you might even end up with a new state to deer hunt in :)

This is a great post. I am taking my 6 year old out in a couple weeks on our first javelina hunt. He has been with us on deer hunts, elk hunts and called in a bunch of coyotes. I put in for this hunt only to take him and have a good time--1st time for the both of us. I drew a 23 tag and hoping to seal the deal. Went down last weekend and didn't see any. Hoping opening weekend will be better.

Im not one to ask for hunting spots or anything but i have a buddy flying driving in from kansas to pig hunt. I have taken him out in past years and showed him the unit he was suppose to put in for. HOWEVER he ended up putting in for a different unit. I have never hunted unit 32 and he tells me thats the unit he accidently put in for. I cant make it out this weekend. Is there anyone hunting 32 this weekend that i could give his number to that could reach out to him. He is a kansas game warden so you might even end up with a new state to deer hunt in :)

Have him call me. 602-499-0610, Chris