Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

This ever happend to you?

So, in getting ready for my hunts, I have spent quite a bit of time looking at pictures and trying to quickly judge deer. I have always thought I was pretty decent at judging deer but now that it is time for me to HOPEFULLY lay the smack down on a 100" deer, I cant judge a buck to save my life! I guess not being able to tell the difference between a 95" buck and a 100"buck is a good problem to have! :D

Ps, there is stil SOME hope... Saw pictures of a 117" buck... guessed himat 118"... close enough.

was at a buddies house last night and guessed one of his bucks at 103" and it grossed 103".. So i guess these is still a LITTLE hope!

good luck to all who will be in the hills!

It won't matter anyways... I know you. You've got athe most severe case of "itchy finger-itis" I've seen in quite some time..

First 3X3 that breaks 80 will be shot at... and prolly missed cuz of the buck fever.. you just can't help yourself!!

Watch! Any takers?? I've got 20$..

I've seen it every year.. Every year, our very own Casey draws a tag, and every year he pops a buck that I could pick snuff outta my teeth with!! :lol: :lol:

I'm crossin' my fingers for ya on this hunt buddy!! You finally got the tag you wanted.. But hey, should the usual happen once again, send that forkie up here to MT and I'll be sure and do a really bang up mount for ya.

It won't matter anyways... I know you. You've got athe most severe case of "itchy finger-itis" I've seen in quite some time..

First 3X3 that breaks 80 will be shot at... and prolly missed cuz of the buck fever.. you just can't help yourself!!

Watch! Any takers?? I've got 20$..

I've seen it every year.. Every year, our very own Casey draws a tag, and every year he pops a buck that I could pick snuff outta my teeth with!! :lol: :lol:

I'm crossin' my fingers for ya on this hunt buddy!! You finally got the tag you wanted.. But hey, should the usual happen once again, send that forkie up here to MT and I'll be sure and do a really bang up mount for ya.

Can you make that forkie into a toad?

In all seriousness, this year I will be picky. I will not shoot anything under 100" until the last couple days of the hunt. After that, 90+ goes down! My main concern is getting dad the buck that he wants, then I will be off to hunt for my self. Im not even carrying my gun really. It will be in the scabbard of my backpack until I see a buck worth of getting a 140 accubond shot in his general direction a couple times.

and god help me if a big buck takes me more than one shot (which we all know it will) after the first shot is when i REALLY get the shakes going!

In all seriousness, this year I will be picky. I will not shoot anything under 100" until the last couple days of the hunt. After that, 90+ goes down!

If thus is now the case, you might want to go and change your new singnature line you've got!!

"gone hunting!! Looking for a 100 incher for a day or so..then any deer that qualifies as a buck will do just fine!!"

you know I'm just messin with ya..You just make it too easy.

In all seriousness, this year I will be picky. I will not shoot anything under 100" until the last couple days of the hunt. After that, 90+ goes down!

If thus is now the case, you might want to go and change your new singnature line you've got!!

No way! cause im still lookin for a 100"! got a couple located from the October hunt, hope there still there!

No way! cause im still lookin for a 100"! got a couple located from the October hunt, hope there still there!

Good luck on the 100 incher man they are out there for sure!

Dont you mean that I have a few 100"+ bucks located?......lol

I believe the only difference between a 100" and a 95" inch is about 5". Just because it is a late hunt does not mean it is a rutt hunt. I would think twice or three times before passing up a 95". Just messin with your mind. Stick to your guns. You will know the right deer for you when you see it.

Bob

Friday: mostly sunny,highs in the 50's lows in the 30's

Saturday: sunny skies,highs in the 50's lows in the 30's

Sunday Sunny skies. highs in the 50's lows in the 30's

Can I get any better than that? Especially with 3 days of cold and rain! Nice!!

Should add up to some very nice deer movement!!

So much can be said about score but it is only a number. I say a guess is a guess and only a tape shows true numbers when done right so don't worry about the score but rather if it looks right. When a buck is big enough the score doesn't matter. After the hunt you probably will remember how good a particular deer looked/looks and the score doesn't matter it is just icing on the cake. In my opinion it is what feels and looks right at the time. Kind of like the first deer you ever were able to take.

Casey, you've inspired me to change my signature line. I'm not proud, & my goals are much more modest than yours.

Good luck buddy, I'm routing for ya!

Matt S.

Matt, if I didnt have a rifle tag, and was archery hunting... my line would be the same!

I am getting in the shower then heading out!!! whoohoo!!!