Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Eberlestock scabbard help

Yes the scabbard is very tight. I might remove the bolt next time but the only time I use it is when Ive tagged and packing out which is rare.

Depends on the load in the pack. I have not found it overly tight for a scoped rifle, even with large objective heavy contour/stock combos. Just won't fit with a bipod attached.

Depends on which pack. I have a X1 euro that is extremely tight. The dragonfly, Team Elk, and an older X1 we're not that way.

I put a chunk of 4x4 in mine to try to stretch it out a little.

Wondering if the one you got just happens to be tight..... Possibly machined/sewn just outside of their normal desigh pattern (defect)?

I have two Eberlestock packs. Have never dealt with their customer service, but I assume they might take it back and give you a different one that isn't so tight?

Good luck!

S.

There are two sizes of scabbards both in the packs and the add-on scabbards. The smaller Scabbards are designed to handle basic hunting rifles. The large ones are designed to handle tactical rifles and AR's. You probably have the smaller Scabbard. What are you trying to put in it?

the x1 is designed to fit the ar platform. I also have one of the smaller scabbards but it is not tight at all. The design of the x1 lends itself to be tight due to the way it squeezes the rifle to hold it in place. Mine is just REALLY tight.

I have a softball bat in there now trying to loosen it up. I figure a little heat and a little stretch and it will be perfect.

I hope.