Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Remington custom shop KS mountain rifle. 300 WBY mag with ammo

I have had this rifle for about a year through a trade for some elk antlers. The man who had the rifle was a Remington sales rep in the 90's and also tested out all of their new ammo on hunts around the world. This gun was basically hand selected piece by piece and then tested with several different lots of ammo to see which lot it shot best. Gun is a tack driver but better man up because it kicks like a mule. Gun weighs 7.5 pounds with scope. His estimated round count when he stopped shooting it 15 years ago was about 150 rounds down the barrel. I've shot about 20 more through it. If someone added a brake to it it would be that much better of a gun. I just realize im never going to use this gun more than my 7mm mag so time to get rid of it.

It comes with a Leupold vxiii 2.5-8x36 scope. Also 8 boxes of 178 grain Remington ammo (same lot number) and about 15 rounds of 180 grain weatherby brand ammo. Also 26 weatherby brand once fired brass and 17 once fired Remington brass.

I would like to sell it all together if possible but send me any offers. Price drop $1300 OBO for everything or $1100 for rifle and scope.

post-8945-0-10795800-1513116180_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-68280400-1513116219_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-92842000-1513116247_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-92916700-1513116266_thumb.jpg

heck of a trade!

Nice rifle!

Had one in 06. Made a big mistake selling it. I forgot who made the stock...McMillan?

Yes I believe McMillan made the stocks on these earlier 90s models. I think today's models stocks are just made by Remington.

Also anyone interested shoot me an offer as I had a hard time figuring out exactly what the value would be on the gun itself right now. Saw some selling for $1100 and some for $1600 so just went with $1400 for the rifle itself. If I'm too high let me know.

Have you only shot the core lock extended in it? Wondering if it shot all ammo sub moa or just the remington ammo. Is it a 20 inch barrel?

Thx

Have you only shot the core lock extended in it? Wondering if it shot all ammo sub moa or just the remington ammo. Is it a 20 inch barrel?

Thx

24 inch barrel. I've only shot the core lokt through it since I have so much of it. Figure if it can shoot the older ammo sub moa it could be even better with the newer bullets or handloads.

Thx

I have owed two WBYs a 7 mm rem. classic and a 300, the worst group .75 the best was a consistent .3/.5 from a factory Vanguard using 165 gr. TSX. There ammo is excellent quality and produces the claimed velocity or slightly better. Nice rifle.

• Like 1

I have this gun I got mine in the late 80"s early 90's I put on a McMillan stock on with a 6.5 x20 Leupold. Love this gun will be passed down to my son. Great gun good luck in your sale.

Do you have any pics of your shot groups? Did you only shoot factory ammo? What is the twist on the barrel?

I don't have any pics. I can go shoot another group tomorrow when the wind dies down and I'll post it. I have only shot the factory Remington core lokt ammo that I got with the gun. I believe 1 in 12 on the twist but let me confirm.