Huntn coues

My girls filled their bull tags

Well the hunt started out with a ton of fog and rain on Friday and Saturday which resulted in very minimal glassing (about 100 yard visibility) So when Sunday came it was on! First off we glassed a couple of bulls a long way's off and after talking

it over with Gino we made the move to get to these bulls and let me say that good ole Coues n Sheep know's this country

like the back of his hand because after the hike (sprint) back to the ranger and the 2-3 mile drive and the 3/4 mile hike in

we were right on top of them. The bulls were 385 yards straight below us! So now was the time to get Courtney set up

and focused. She was using Gino's 300 weatherby when she made the perfect 1 shot kill. The bull dropped in it's tracks . I will never forget the look on her face when we got to her first bull. (amazing) Colton showed up after hearing the news from his glassing location and I sure am glad he did because we were able to get that bull out in one trip (6 hrs) but one trip none the less.

Now here's the story on Caitlins Bull.

She had already harvested a bull a couple of years ago and was looking for something a little bit bigger. :blink: Really she told me that she was a holden out for a biggin! :blink: So come Sunday evening we started glassing our butts off for her bull. Come Monday Gino, Colton and I glassed up some bulls and Gino found a pretty good bull running with a couple of

younger bulls. Well the younger bulls started scrapping and farting around and after a little bit of that the big bull disapeared

into a brushy canyon. We came up with a game plan to go after that bull that evening but that bull did not appear that night. :( Gino and Colton had some stuff to take care of and said they would return for Thursday's hunt. Tuesday was un -eventful for us but we just plugged on. Now on Wednsday evening I showed Caitlin some smaller bulls but she elected to pass. :o :o Well good ole Uncle Gino showed up late that night with a game plan! And low and behold it worked :huh:

We went to one of HIS hot spots and wallah- there was the bull standing there a mere 450 yards away. Again using Gino's 300 Caitlin made a perfect 1 shot kill as well. There was no way to get any closer to this bull unless we could sprout some wings and fly across this monsterous canyon and I sure wished we could because it took from 7 am when she shot till darn near dark for Gino and I to get this bull out. And yes before Gino can rub it in he did make an extra trip more than I.(not giving you ALL the glory though) :P

Anyway Both myself and Mrs. HC are very proud of our Daughters.

Kinda sucks that a couple 13yr olds can out shoot their dad :( I normally would lie and tell you guy's that they shoot like their old man but Mrs. HC frequents this site and would call my bluff and tell you they shoot like her. :blink:

Courtneys first Bull.

post-1274-1197404576_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1197404565_thumb.jpg

Caitlins second bull.

post-1274-1197404642_thumb.jpg

And here is one with Uncle Gino's ugly mug. :lol:

post-1274-1197404656_thumb.jpg

Awesome Job Ladies! And congrads to your girls too. Been waiting for the story ever since Gino showed me the Pics.

Buckhorn

Way to go GIRLS. Great job on some nice bulls. One thing though you should always make sure to not have the rope you tied them up with before the hunt still in veiw in the photos.

I'm sure glad someone in your family can put some meat in the freezer :o

Way to go girls, you got a couple of nice critters there

in spite of that Tasco toten handicap you had with you :blink:

You know I'm just messin with ya Troy ;)

Good job getting the young ones out into the field

and carry on the hunting tradition.

Nothing better than hunting with kids.

Yes I am partial to girls.

Mike :P

Fantastic Job guys. THey look even better in the Pictures than they did when they flew past at about 132 MPH on Sunday ;) . Congrats. Carl