Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

What do you bear guys think about these two?

Finally got out to check a couple of cameras that have been out since spring. Had a couple nice bears show up. At least I think they're pretty nice, but I'm not real into bears and certainly not a good field judge of them.

post-1431-0-11105900-1513570055_thumb.jpg

For size comparison, here's a coues buck from the same camera.

post-1431-0-06148000-1513570075_thumb.jpg

Here's another bear from a mile or so up the ridge. Doesn't look like the same one to me, but I guess it's possible.

post-1431-0-09617100-1513570091_thumb.jpg

I don't think its the same. Muzzle looks a lot more brown in the bottom pic. I know there's a few of them out there, but I don't see them often enough to be familiar with them.

• Like 1

Both are pretty good bears. I think the bottom one is bigger. Looks like it has some age on it. The top bear looks like a sow and the bottom a boar, IMO. I would say the top bear is around 200-250lbs and the bottom on the neighborhood of 300. Could be wrong though

• Like 2

Both are pretty good bears. I think the bottom one is bigger. Looks like it has some age on it. The top bear looks like a sow and the bottom a boar, IMO. I would say the top bear is around 200-250lbs and the bottom on the neighborhood of 300. Could be wrong though

I got a lot of deer pics off that same camera. That bear on the bottom is easily 4 or 5x the body mass of a full grown coues doe. Not sure how much that is, aren’t the adult does typically 70# or so I think. I’ve gotten a couple good looking bears on cam over the years in that area but I’m pretty sure he is the biggest so far

He could be bigger than my guess but i am real cautious of ever throwing out the 400lb number on bears. Here is one i feel is 400lbs just for comparison.

post-63-0-17229500-1513607531_thumb.jpeg

post-63-0-62782300-1513607605_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

I think GG85 is spot on. You got to remember a bear has significant amounts of hide/hair that make it look heavier.

I think GG85 is spot on. You got to remember a bear has significant amounts of hide/hair that make it look heavier.

the numbers he threw out were pretty much spot on with what my hunting partner & I were thinking, but as stated, I don't know bears that well so wasn't sure. Regardless, they're good looking animals. I wish they'd show up a little more often. This once every 6 months crap is ridiculous!

• Like 1

I say we bet 5 bucks and we ground check them

Like where your heads at, love the enthusiasm!

Now if only I knew someone with pack mules to help drag him out...