Sign in to follow this  
broadhead

Specific Spotting Scope Advice

And the Meopta S2 smokes them all and is on par,if not better than, the 80mm+ Swaro HD's...

I mostly just come on here to read and rarely post, but comments like this drive me nuts. I got the impression he was looking for fact based comparisons and examples from first hand experience rather than stupid closed minded opinions presented as fact. So I guess we can assume that you have had "them all" out in the field and done a side by side comparison since the Meopta S2 clearly "smokes them all". If so, let's hear it? If not you might just give your your reasons for your spotter of choice rather than make broad arrogant statements that make you look foolish.

And the Meopta S2 smokes them all and is on par,if not better than, the 80mm+ Swaro HD's...

I mostly just come on here to read and rarely post, but comments like this drive me nuts. I got the impression he was looking for fact based comparisons and examples from first hand experience rather than stupid closed minded opinions presented as fact. So I guess we can assume that you have had "them all" out in the field and done a side by side comparison since the Meopta S2 clearly "smokes them all". If so, let's hear it? If not you might just give your your reasons for your spotter of choice rather than make broad arrogant statements that make you look foolish.
Laughing. I'd just keep reading then.

My opinion is not close minded nor arrogant but founded on hundreds and hundreds of hours a year doing nothing but staring into glass. And I'm fortunate to be able to. I'm not a brand ambassador whatsoever, it's all performance based. All of it.

I'd love to hear your experiences with said glass... Laughing..

90% of the optics game isn't opinion. A small portion is based upon how our eyes react with coatings, etc. and ergonomics/specs of said gear.

The poster wanted feedback from experienced folks about spotting scope strategy. I stare into glass a lot and have used just about all of them.

And yes, the Meopta S2 and big Swaros smoke them all from a performance, price point, warranty, and ergonomics perspective.

If going less than 80-82mm, the Swaro rules. I could care less what the OP does. You could have asked for more information about my post before acting like a woman and I'd have been happy to give it.

I'm going to guess you are a proud Vortex user? Laughing....

I don't own a spotter and came into this post looking for opinions as I am considering getting one, your OPINION was the least helpful of anything I read. But since you asked about my optics, I use Swaro 15x56 SLCs for most of my glassing. They are awesome, but I would never be small minded enough to go on to a forum and say they are the best thing out there, smokes everything else, nothing compares, blah, blah, blah. Yes, they are great glass, but I haven't tried EVERYTHING out there so how can I make such a claim?

Since you clearly have so much experience, would you mind sharing what other spotters you have compared the Meopta to in a side by side setting, after all you have compared "THEM ALL", or was that just empty bluster? You made a claim that the Meopta "smokes them all" but have offered nothing to back that up. If it is just your narrow minded opinion based up a couple of things you have read, maybe from comparing a couple of spotters in the store, or even 1 or 2 others in the field, your claim is meaningless. Don't be afraid to admit it. It takes a big man to admit that he was wrong.

I don't own a spotter and came into this post looking for opinions as I am considering getting one, your OPINION was the least helpful of anything I read. But since you asked about my optics, I use Swaro 15x56 SLCs.

Since you clearly have so much experience, would you mind sharing what other spotters you have compared the Meopta to in a side by side setting, after all you have compared "THEM ALL", or was that just empty bluster? You made a claim that the Meopta "smokes them all" but have offered nothing to back that up. If it is just your narrow minded opinion based up a couple of things you have read or maybe from comparing a couple of spotters in the store, don't be afraid to admit it. It takes a big man to admit that he was wrong.

I don't open my yap unless I speak from experience friend especially on topics I can contribute too based on experience. This isn't certainly one of them.

You should heed the same especially since you don't even own a spotter.

Have fun...

I don't own a spotter and came into this post looking for opinions as I am considering getting one, your OPINION was the least helpful of anything I read. But since you asked about my optics, I use Swaro 15x56 SLCs.

Since you clearly have so much experience, would you mind sharing what other spotters you have compared the Meopta to in a side by side setting, after all you have compared "THEM ALL", or was that just empty bluster? You made a claim that the Meopta "smokes them all" but have offered nothing to back that up. If it is just your narrow minded opinion based up a couple of things you have read or maybe from comparing a couple of spotters in the store, don't be afraid to admit it. It takes a big man to admit that he was wrong.

I don't open my yap unless I speak from experience friend especially on topics I can contribute too based on experience. This isn't certainly one of them.

You should heed the same especially since you don't even own a spotter.

Have fun...

I never made a claim about anything being the best or "smokes them all" because I don't have the experience or knowledge to back that up. I freely and happily admit that. I do have the knowledge and experience to call someone out when they are clearly full of it and can't back up a claim they made.

I have no doubt that you do have a lot of experience and great information to share, so I suggest that you share it. But your original comment is my issue and you have yet to do anything to backup that statement.

Waiting....

Additionally, I should be fair and say that while I am taking my frustration out of you, it is actually to everyone who, like you, likes to come on forums and make similar empty statements of opinion as if they were fact. If you have good information to share, please share it. But comments like the ones I am talking about just make you look small minded and foolish.

Sorry OP for the hijack. It was not my intent but when the ankle biters are yapping. I'll not post again.

Mogollan Man, I'd just simply suggest less Outdoor Life magazine and the actual purchase of a spotting scope so then you can actually partake in a pertinent thread...

My take is we can all agree on one thing. Vortex=GOAT.

• Like 1

Matt cashell is about as knowledgeable as anyone when it comes to optics. Wanna feel like an idiot? Send him your questions about spotters or digiscoping and you will be overwhelmed in no time!

• Like 1

See what happens when I don't check in on this thread for a day? ANARCHY! It's cool, forums will forum.

But the good news is I've made my decision. I actually went to a real live place where people are there that you talk to other than in a chat box and put my hands on the Swarovski ATX and the Razor Gen II Razor 85. I also looked a lot into the Meopta (easy, fellas... stay calm) and the athos... atlas... athleteos... athlon whatever it's called and I decided on buying... nothing. Seriously all that hard work and research and I'm standing pat with what I have, or at least for the immediate time being. Actually to be honest I went in hoping the Razor would impress me a little bit more when compared to the Swarovski. Yes I knew they're two different levels but my hope was that I would be okay with the disparity but the truth is it just wasn't. When I looked through the Swaro and the Vortex out to about 1200 yards I knew I wouldn't be happy with the Razor so I decided I'll squirrel away some cash over the next season... or two or three... and get me a Swaro for life. Don't get me wrong, the Vortex will work, and work very well, especially if you don't let yourself get hung up on what else is out there. But we all have our personal preferences, and one of those being how much we can stomach handing over for some plastic and glass. I'm just willing to wait a little longer.

But I very much do appreciate all the feedback. It helped me get to the answer I really needed. All of you send me your mailing address so I can send you a Christmas card next year. Now for me I'll be back to scouting and looking at guns and scopes n s***. Later fellas.

b

• Like 1

See what happens when I don't check in on this thread for a day? ANARCHY! It's cool, forums will forum.

But the good news is I've made my decision. I actually went to a real live place where people are there that you talk to other than in a chat box and put my hands on the Swarovski ATX and the Razor Gen II Razor 85. I also looked a lot into the Meopta (easy, fellas... stay calm) and the athos... atlas... athleteos... athlon whatever it's called and I decided on buying... nothing. Seriously all that hard work and research and I'm standing pat with what I have, or at least for the immediate time being. Actually to be honest I went in hoping the Razor would impress me a little bit more when compared to the Swarovski. Yes I knew they're two different levels but my hope was that I would be okay with the disparity but the truth is it just wasn't. When I looked through the Swaro and the Vortex out to about 1200 yards I knew I wouldn't be happy with the Razor so I decided I'll squirrel away some cash over the next season... or two or three... and get me a Swaro for life. Don't get me wrong, the Vortex will work, and work very well, especially if you don't let yourself get hung up on what else is out there. But we all have our personal preferences, and one of those being how much we can stomach handing over for some plastic and glass. I'm just willing to wait a little longer.

But I very much do appreciate all the feedback. It helped me get to the answer I really needed. All of you send me your mailing address so I can send you a Christmas card next year. Now for me I'll be back to scouting and looking at guns and scopes n s***. Later fellas.

b

I've done similar comparisons on optics in the past when I "wanted" a new optic but didn't really need one and had a self imposed ceiling on what I wanted to pay. The more I looked the bigger my budget became. LOL

b

I've done similar comparisons on optics in the past when I "wanted" a new optic but didn't really need one and had a self imposed ceiling on what I wanted to pay. The more I looked the bigger my budget became. LOL

Funny how that seems to happen huh?