SpotNStalk

Looking to buy a INREACH

Conjunction, Junction what's your function....

Instead of saying the subscription rate is spendy, how much is it? Do you get so many characters per year or...? Spendy is subjective. I'm looking at spending half of each week in and out of cell reception. Glad you're alright, Smith2260.

Dirty Harry- sorry that you are such an angry individual. I do not know you and you do not know me. However, laying at the bottom of a ravine with two broken legs by myself for a couple hours was not my favorite day of 2016. So, the clinger Inreach would have been nice. My clinger wife happens to be my best friend and an amazing hunter who almost lost her husband that day and the weeks to follow. I hope you have a great day!!

Ps. Sorry for my grammer. Just a redneck public skool kinda guy

It's called grammar, space cadet. Darwin works in mysterious ways, embrace it & ditch the INREACH. Do it for humanity.

I'll sleep better at night knowing you don't carry a spot or inreach in the back country. When you have an accident miles from nowhere and you are laying in the freezing cold, just keep telling yourself how not having a little box that could have saved your life is survival of the fittest.

• Like 1

I have one, I have my subscription suspended (since i have no hunts upcoming). Works great, you can send your location and anyone can find you--- like to help pack out a bull or something

https://support.garmin.com/search/shopResults.faces?site=Shop&filter=0&client=garmin_fe&contentType=Shop&q=Inreach

Fixed it for you...

How much is 'an' annual subscription?

I have one, I have my subscription suspended (since i have no hunts upcoming). Works great, you can send your location and anyone can find you--- like to help pack out a bull or something

https://support.garmin.com/search/shopResults.faces?site=Shop&filter=0&client=garmin_fe&contentType=Shop&q=Inreach

Fixed it for you...

How much is 'an' annual subscription?

$19 or $29, then you have to activate your subscription to be able to text or use the SOS function. I sure wish I had this years ago when I would go to Colorado and hunt alone for a week, I had to drive 20 mins to use a pay phone.

• Like 1

I have a brand new spot that Is still sealed in the box. Not to turn this into a discussion post but what do you guys think is better ? Has anyone had experience with both ? I ask because I havent used both and on the fence and debating about selling my new spot to get a in reach

Better? The question for me is not which is better, but intended use. I have a Spot as well and I like it and it suits my needs. I can check in and send for help. The downside is I can't receive text. If you want to communicate go with Inreach, if you want to be able to just call for help go with Spot. My 2 cents for what its worth.

• Like 1

With the In Reach you can send a receive texts like a cell phone from anywhere via satellite, also Bluetooth to your smart phone to see maps from the GPS.

The Spot has a purpose - which is good but is limited.

The Inreach is a fully functioning GPS that you can text almost like a smart phone -

Plus Garmin is a freaking awesome company!

With the In Reach you can send a receive texts like a cell phone from anywhere via satellite, also Bluetooth to your smart phone to see maps from the GPS.

The Spot has a purpose - which is good but is limited.

The Inreach is a fully functioning GPS that you can text almost like a smart phone -

Plus Garmin is a freaking awesome company!

+1 on Garmin.

Question

I like buying used when I can but if I found one on CL or something, can they be locked like a cell if they were lost or stolen? If yes, how are you going to know it'll even work until you've paid for service?

Question

I like buying used when I can but if I found one on CL or something, can they be locked like a cell if they were lost or stolen? If yes, how are you going to know it'll even work until you've paid for service?

I bought mine off a cw member that used it on a buff hunt. You have to go online and setup an account for each unit. Each one has a unique ID. If there is still an account tied to it you cannot set up a new one. Me and the member had to do a little back and forth with Garmin to get it wiped. Once you have an account, only you can activate or deactivate it.

Dirty Harry- sorry that you are such an angry individual. I do not know you and you do not know me. However, laying at the bottom of a ravine with two broken legs by myself for a couple hours was not my favorite day of 2016. So, the clinger Inreach would have been nice. My clinger wife happens to be my best friend and an amazing hunter who almost lost her husband that day and the weeks to follow. I hope you have a great day!!

It's called grammar, space cadet. Darwin works in mysterious ways, embrace it & ditch the INREACH. Do it for humanity.

I'll sleep better at night knowing you don't carry a spot or inreach in the back country. When you have an accident miles from nowhere and you are laying in the freezing cold, just keep telling yourself how not having a little box that could have saved your life is survival of the fittest.

I'll crawl out on broken stumps with a bowie knife in my teeth, like a REAL man.

post-15271-0-88485100-1519189076.png

I also bought used. But I decided I would only buy off a CWT member knowing that 99/100 of them are honest and very easy to deal with.

My buddy works on towers all across the west coast. He bought a used one off EBay and it worked great.

I went with the Inreach instead of the Spot due to the two way communication.

Dirty Harry- Hope you have a better day!

• Like 2