Sign in to follow this  
drdray

Hunting in Texas - Recommendations??

I am looking to go white tail hunting this year in Texas. Does anyone have any recommendations of a ranch or any experiences you can share with me? I appreciate your help.

You may want to state which type of hunt you are looking for. Do you want to get out and hunt or just kill a deer?

A buddy just did one and regretted it and said he will never go back. He shot his deer less than a minute after the feeder went off. Total time on the ranch was less than an hour.

You have to try to make it look like you hunted hard all day , got bit by snakes, crawled thru thorns, to get to your hunting? blind. Just like them hunters on tv.

Hunted feeders for 3 days. Saw 1 buck too far and fast to shoot and no pigs. Did not represent my perception of Texas hunting.

• Like 1

I started doing this two years ago and just booked for a 3rd. On this ranch I’m allowed to shoot a management buck, 8 point less than 140”, 1 doe, 1 wild pig. 3 day hunt costs $2500 bucks. First year I got my buck on my first stand. This year I had to extend 1 day to find the right book. I’ve only actually seen one pig on the ranch but didn’t connect.